CP 120 Power-amp layout Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etxycvkb

Thanks to Saint Gillis for posting his crush pro 120 schematic. ORANGE
Can someone help me understand how the second op-amp is set up, is it acting as a differential amplifier? To have two outputs, why don't they just duplicate the first IC and have the same signal just going into both instead of linking the output of the first into the input of the second? Thanks guys
Capture.PNG

Thank you, Saint Gillis. I did a deep dive into class ab amps to learn more. Unfortunately, Im struggling to troubleshoot my problem.

I have determined that the mute pins do not have a sufficient voltage. I measured the following volts at the following junctions. I assumed the Cap (C66) was leaking, so I took it out of the circuit, but none of the voltages changed. Any Ideas what could be causing this low voltage? Could the TDA chip itself be leaking current through pin 9? I cant think of what else it could be. Thanks everyone

1689455293197.png

I fixed my issue. I replaced the IC5. I think It was pulling down the voltage on both pin 9's causing the mute to activate. I swapped the chip and its working now.

Back