crisotop's finished projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just incredible !

Wondering where you get your cases if they aren't from purusha (especially the ones with silver board with the holes on the bottom).

kosty said:
Wondering where you get your cases if they aren't from purusha (especially the ones with silver board with the holes on the bottom).
The silver boards are called "pierced inner base" and are an option.
I use the same ones, they are from italy.
http://www.modushop.biz/

Best,

Udo.

wowwwwwwwwww!!!

plop.jpg

Simply astonishing.  :eek:
I visit this thread everytime I have a bad day, it makes me happy immidiately!

I love the dual 1176 Rev-D panel. Can you ellaborate a little about how it´s made?
It looks really good with the additional black front panel, like the original.

Rune

I couldn't have done the panel without the help of nrgrecording-Frank. It's an additional 1.5mm panel that covers the case screws and is secured with the pots & switches nuts.

hth, christoph

Crisotop, you continue to inspire me! Simply, stunning work!

I have one question i couldn't find an answer anywhere...

How did you actually make the switch between the OEP and IC in the rev J 1176?  You mentioned how it works with 1:1 lundahl but with OEP i assume it's pretty much the same, but OEP is not 1:1. So, does it mess the Q-bias adjustment?

EDIT: ok, also the OEP can be 1:1. But the question is, does it have to be configured 1:1 or will it work 2:1 without messing up the q-bias?

EDIT: ok, also the OEP can be 1:1. But the question is, does it have to be configured 1:1 or will it work 2:1 without messing up the q-bias?

I guess it does, as it means more signal going in the compression circuit - but to be honest I don't know for sure ;)

EDIT: Added Ribbon Booster & Impedance Converter and a pair of 51X Jensamps

May I ask one question:
why can't I remember to have you seen ever in any support threat of the MASS you are building?

btw, nothing wrong with this 8)
I'm just jealous how smooth you do all this DIY output without any problems :)

im looking for a case for a psu just like yours Crisotop.
where can i find one in North America?
gdiy51xPSU_01frontSmall.jpg

Thanks

@volker: Haha, good one - I've got build-problems just like everybody else and mostly post ridiculously stupid questions in the build threads. If you have a look in your order history, you'll also find a PM670 that got shipped to my address, and it's been sitting on my bench for nearly two years know ;D

@trinity: Most of my cases come from modushop.biz (Italy) with frontpanels by nrgrecording-Frank.

crisotop said:
...you'll also find a PM670 that got shipped to my address, and it's been sitting on my bench for nearly two years know ;D

What happened to that PM670? Aren't you going to finish it? It should be really beautiful comp especially with "bluebird" time constants and 6n5p tubes. And maybe Lundahl input trafos. 

Back