D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Script Many thanks for sharing the magic. Lots of inspiration for my second unit.

the image below is how I made mine some years ago. 1 slope switchable with 5 default settings ( I ) and 5 settings ( II ) with a 5 pin socket to test out with less pain. Everything installed on a board with lots of molex stuff.

I've tested my unit to mid/side passively with LL1540 because i was too curious, and it works great to my surprise, thinking to make it switchable with tons of relays but i'm afraid the PSU can't handle it. i'm using this mostly hybrid in the digital domain and it sounds so good to compare with digital emulators.

I was lucky enough to work years with my unit on a daily base without safety resistors 😬😬😬😬. Thank you for the input everyone !

Long live this unit and community.

✌️

IMG_8045.jpg

I'd layout some best combos over a 10 pos switch
Absolutely. I wanted a pot, but the pot can be replaced by fixed resistor values. Also I wanted the three LEDs on the faceplate, so my rotary works by bridging/shorting out components, rather than switching them into circuit. (Default setting is two LEDs in circuit.)

Last edited:
Also, I tube-rolled the unit -- to little avail cos of NFB, as I mentioned before. Finally settled for 5965 in place of 12AT7, as mentioned by Analag somewhere back in 2008, which sounds a tad more interesting to me.

Latest posts

Back