D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, finally I'm ready to use my D-AOC:

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4988.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

beautiful as always! Are those Haufe input irons? which led do you prefer for lower compression threshold (I'm guessing that's what the silentarts switch does)?

regards
christoph

for the Input I decided to use Haufe RK310 transformers.
yes, the [sient:arts] mode is a blue LED in parallel, the ANALAG mode is completely without any mod.

[quote author="[silent:arts]"]yes, the [silent:arts] mode is a blue LED in parallel, the ANALAG mode is completely without any mod.[/quote]

A new brand is born "the [silent:arts] compression slope characteristic". I don´t dare to speculate about "ANALAG mode". Volker, excellent work, when will you put it into the "virtual rack" :thumb: :thumb: :sam: :guinness:
regards
Bernd

Im on it!

Nearly finished stuffing the pcb. Mine wont be as pretty on the outside though (yet). Im making a prototype frontpanel, and hopefully a nice panel sometime later when i can afford it.

What value have you guys used for the mains fuse btw?

/J

Just a quick question about the NE2.

The ones i can get from my local store are rated at 90v, the ones I see you guys using are at 65v.

If its acting like a zener, does it need to be closer to the 65v, or dosen't it really matter?

Thanks! Another quick question. Must the 470pf ceramic cap be of good quality, or will any old 470pf i have lying around do just fine? Im not completely sure what it does in the circuit so thats why im asking.

/J

cool, thanks!
Im thinking of buying some cheap meters from my local electronics store and trying in this circuit.

Would there be any point in hooking the meter up through somthing like this to lower THD created from the cheap meter?:

http://www.jlmaudio.com/AT51%20DIY%20VU.pdf

/J

showing gainreduction there is no THD added.
to be honest: I never use the output mode for the meter, except for troubleshooting (where the added THD is unimportant)

Quick question:

I don´t have the 1n5371 at hand, but I have either 1N5372 or 1N5370.

the 5371 is a 60V zenner, 5370 is 56V and 5372 is 62V, So ithink I can use either in place?

Synthi

Volker I have LL1521 input and LL3814 output traffo's available, would these
do the job, I think they are 1-3 and 1-1 by default ?

Regards,
Marty.

[quote author="bernbrue"]Marty,
I used the LL1521 in mine as well , wired it 1:2, works fine. Try the LL3814, it´ll do the job.
regards
Bernd[/quote]

Thanks Bernd, I got hold of them for this purpose but there's not much info
at LL about them other than basic hookup.
Did you have to do anything "funky" or add resistor/cap across the output??

Marty.

Back