D-LA2A Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thank you, after much  reflection i find what you mean.

Just blocked on the shield translation. " Bouclier" in french
But i think would be cable Blindé
SO could  be like this

Picture erase cause wrong

I hope i had the good translation, Very soory i'm beginer in english too.

Thank's again [silent:arts] for the time according.

TARGET__LA2_rev01_Platinenl-1.gif

Hi all,

Just started stuffing my board and I noticed that I purchased 300pf for c114 and c214. Not the 330pf. Will that be a problem? I think I did this by looking at the links for caps that Silent Arts had on the original thread.

Eric

tskguy said:
Hi all,
Just started stuffing my board and I noticed that I purchased 300pf for c114 and c214. Not the 330pf. Will that be a problem? I think I did this by looking at the links for caps that Silent Arts had on the original thread.
Eric
Eric, should be fine - try it. won't blow anything.

Hi All,

Does anyone have a couple of neons (part NE2 on the board) they'd be willing to throw in the post to me for this? My La2a is finished now except for these lamps, and I don't realy want to put a Conrad order in just for these.

If anyone has spares, I'd appreciate the favour.  I can put a couple of £ or € in the post for anyone in the UK / europe...

Cheers,

Rob

Hi guyz!
Could someone confirm these pots will suite DLA2A please??

http://www.banzaieffects.com/Bourns-AP-FS-100k-log-pr-31141.html

Sorry for dumb question , I just want to void wastin money...
Thanks.

Of course they will work, but since you're browsing banzai, I would recommend Piher instead. We all have our knob "feel" preferences, but I've found the banzai pihers really consistent.

check these out:

http://www.banzaieffects.com/Mono-c-470.html

Hey all,

Im getting close to finishing this thing and I have a few questions.

1. Are all of the voltages after the power transformer DC?

2. If I choose to not use the gridstopper mod do I need to short that spot on the board?

THANKS!!

Eric

Kingston said:
[silent:arts],

how did you come up with the 150pF value for the cap in C4? (C104 in your schematic)

In every single LA-2A schematic I've seen to date this is marked as 50-380pF, ie. the Arco 465 trimmer cap.

Also, the C114 (T4 response trim) is probably too important to set into "stone" with the marked 330pF. Arco 465 is traditionally used here as well, and it has a strong effect on the compression response, from "flat" to almost "de-esser" like characteristics. Some have even made it into a switch on the front panel.

sorry, but I have to bump this. I'd like to know.

Kingston said:
how did you come up with the 150pF value for the cap in C4? (C104 in your schematic)

In every single LA-2A schematic I've seen to date this is marked as 50-380pF, ie. the Arco 465 trimmer cap.

Also, the C114 (T4 response trim) is probably too important to set into "stone" with the marked 330pF. Arco 465 is traditionally used here as well, and it has a strong effect on the compression response, from "flat" to almost "de-esser" like characteristics. Some have even made it into a switch on the front panel.

if I recall correctly I searched every LA2A thread, and those have been suggested values if you can't find the Arco 465 (which is nearly impossible in europe).
feel free to try different values, but let us know  ;)

I searched through the big threads also and found some suggested values. Just wanted to make sure how you landed on yours.

the "compression character/de-esser" switch came up somewhere by SSLtech if I recall correctly. I'll try Arcos for one channel to test a good range, but I was going to do the actual front panel switch with silver micas. We'll see.

If I recall correctly the other variable cap actually had little or no effect on anything at all. I have it on my notes somewhere...

Anyway, I'll report back when there's progress.

Hi all,

I found one more question that i cant seem to figure out...There is a spot next to c8 that doesnt seem to be labled and doesnt look like a extension of the 100n cap that is next to it. Here is a pic of what im talking about.

question.jpg

Hey all,

Stumped again....I went with Cinemag 9589 output TX and Lundahl LL1527xl for the input.
Im having a hard time finding out the sowter tx data sheets so I can figure out the way to wire these guys in. Any insite would be great!!!

Eric

Back