DB54 - 2254 style compressor {update 22.10.19}

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

Have wound a 10468 and going to test in the morning, have tested and getting 8H on the secondarys and 2H on primarys. DCR is 18ohms and 140ohms.
will rig it up so has series/parallel switch on Primary, will then wind a 31267 test.

regards

spence.

Hi,

The results are pretty good but I want to do more testing with some different sizes as the inductance does seem to be off. I'm only getting 9H and need 35H on secondaries. Dropping down in size with the wire diameter will get me much closer and also I'm going to experiment with other cores.
Once I get this right and I'm happy that the sound benefits I'll send you a couple through.
Let me have an address that I can send them too.
You got any further with the 2254?

Regards

Spence.

r2d2 said:
So nice .....

no limiter-peak stop as original ?

r.

I decide create compressor only at this moment. I think main mojo of 2254 is the way how it compress, limiter is a second function.
And limiter need one more BA card and one more transformer, so it will be much harder to make it in 1U enclosure. Comp+limter will be the next step.

A little bit of progress here:
as I got some rare parts I've assembled all boards. All that is necessary right now is to assemble a small proto circuit for matching diodes on BA185 card, fit everything inside enclosure and join boards with transformers. Move forward :)

Attachments

• 2016-07-09 21.14.36 copy.jpg
    2016-07-09 21.14.36 copy.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 224
First power on. No explosions and smoke  :p Already fixed a couple bugs on main pcbs.

Searching a cockroaches that don't allow a sound to pass through.

dirty1_1garry said:
First power on. No explosions and smoke  :p Already fixed a couple bugs on main pcbs.

Searching a cockroaches that don't allow a sound to pass through.
Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Love the layout too!!  8)

I think this is a really clever idea. The Mojo of Neve kit doesn't lie in complex mechanical construction & hand-loomed wiring

Nick Froome

Latest posts

Back