dbx 1046 mod/repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

I remember from a LOOOOONG time ago (probably almost 20 years now) there being an issue with oscillation in this and the 1066 units metering area. The remedy was to put in some caps between the collector and ground of the transistors on the meter board. I dont remember the value of the caps (i want to say 47nf or something like that). Just wondering if anyone had any docs they can shoot to me PM (i asked dbx for them and they wont release them to the public, even discontinued models anymore). And if anyone has a clue what im talking about with this repair, let me know if what i remember seems to be on the right track. Was one of those weird things that just sticks in the back of your mind because its borderline absurd. Anywho... if anyone has another method for fixing the in/out meters staying partially lit (not effecting operation or sound at all), please share what the secret is for this. I'd love to get this thing out the door.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back