dbx 163x Racking / Rack Ears kit...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z11111

GDIY Supporter
Here is an interesting question.

dbx used to sell a racking kit for the 163x, as they are half-rack spacing, but it is out of production now. I have two of these units and they're fun to use for a parallel drum bus, etc.

One of my two units has one of the ears attached and one of the "joiner side pieces" (??? that is what they're called in the manual) on the inside but the other is missing both. I could just bolt a rack ear on the other one, place them both on top of another unit in the rack, and call it a day. However, I had a fun idea to make 3D models of all of the pieces and get them 3D printed for anyone else looking to do this sort of thing. That being said, I don't have the rest of the pieces to measure out and figure out the dimensions.

That being said x2, this is a pretty ambitious project just to rack up a cheap hardware unit. Does anyone have a racking kit for these that they'd be willing to measure or better yet, sell? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 163x rack ears.PNG
    163x rack ears.PNG
    515.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back