• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - DDA DMR12 Console 1000,00 Lowered price

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Sheehan

I am offering the DDA DMR12 console with power supply and cabling to all EDAC connections. No Stand. Needs minor work (1 fader cap broken, 1 missing knob, 1 patchbay jack broken, talkback section modified) Console is a 1991 build (I think), I bought a newer power supply 6 years ago.
Located in Austin TX area.
Local pickup or ship at your expense.

These are answers to some questions asked about this console. I thought I'd post since they are of general interest.

Does it have the transformer option?
Sorry, no xfmrs.
Has it been recapped? Any other repairs?
I haven't recapped it, but it's not exhibiting any problems.
I replaced the power supply due to repeated issues (likely due to heat dissipation problems). The new PSU is solid. I did minimal maintenance myself. It's never needed a major repair.
As far as I can remember, I needed to replace the transistor that switched the SOLO led, and i had a c couple repairs done to the original psu. (power transistors, filter caps, broken fuse holder at various times
Any current issues (scratchy pots, etc)
The main L/R faders have a low volume scratchiness, but are dead quiet unless they are being moved. On the BUS faders (right side of desk) 2 of the combination channels lack phantom. I never needed them for mic inputs, so never pursued.\
What shape is it in
Cosmetically it's in good condition. The arm rest has a small rip where it meets the scribble strip. I'll take any pictures you want. The top of the meter bridge has some tape residue that was there when I got it back in 1999.
How does it sound
The console sounds great. It's not a "character" console, but provides an accurate representation of the sources. Lots of headroom, eminently usable EQ, plenty of easy routing due to the integrated patchbay. The harnesses are edac-edac for the record/playback and the patchbay for the recorder end is included that is terminated with TRS. The other harnesses for inserts and tie lines a are EDAC-TRS

Shipping weight excluding harnesses is about 450 lb and i'd figure on the harnesses adding another 100.

Latest posts

Back