Design Equations Help Optimize Supply Bypassing deleted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcarso

It's interesting to read this and realize that a seemingly simple subject can take so many words to explore, and still leave much to be said.

There's that old gag/insult: someone says to you "Hey, I've got a minute. Tell me everythng you know".

How often do we do the sort of quick self-assessment of our knowledge and experience and think Yeah, how much do I know, anyway?---can't really be all that much. Then we attempt to explain something to someone, and quite a while later, depending on how perceptive we are to the person's attention span, realize that, yes, I guess it is a bit more complex than I thought. Even if the exposition were fine-tuned and streamlined, and peppered with good examples, in the magisterial style of PRR---we have to face, many times, that it's pretty complex stuff.

Absolutely. I was actually just about to mention PRR after reading the article as well. He once mentioned how capacitence should be distributed in a design dealing with opamps. He didn't go into the lengthy diatribe explaining the reasoning but he did touch on the high points and it was almost exactly the same outcome as the article.

Maybe this is a subject that could be easily defined in a "rule of thumb"

On this subject, look as well at the material in the Linear Tech app note with the link posted in the Brewery recently by Freq Band:

http://www.linear.com/pc/downloadDocument.do?navId=H0,C1,C1154,C1009,C1028,P1219,D4138

It's just a pdf, but the download took forever last night, and there's no Mr. Helper hourglass etc. to comfort you while it is going. Maybe several of us were accessing at the time.

[quote author="mediatechnology"]Great cite Brad. FYI it's just a little over 5 MB. Not too slow today.[/quote]

The credit should go to Freq Band. Maybe it would be better posted in the Drawing Board---whoops, I guess I did.

EDIT: PS, one thing I saw (haven't read it all and will wait to print it out probably) was the section on current feedback. It cross-fertilizes the thread about patents here, when the writer mentions how old "current feedback" is. That antiquity also didn't stop Comlinear from getting a bunch of patents. They quietly went away though after a while, and I've never gotten anyone to talk about who weighed in with the necessary funding to shoot them down.

Another patent puzzle: how is it that no one managed to patent "filterless" class D?

Back