Mental Illlness Episode, FIXED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matriachamplification

Wall Thomas
After a recent interaction here on GDIY, my turst in the group is completely shattered.

I wont be contributing any of our plans here given the dishonest nature of certain parties, which seems common place in Pro Audio.

Sorry friends, I got better things to do then recive hateful emails and phone calls resulting in therapy and lawyer costs.

Disgusted. Completely disgusted.

Huh?

Wall,
Within the last week, I got emails from two disgruntled parties regarding some of the stuff I posted/disclosed in your EMI/REDD History thread. So I just took a chill pill, and figured I'd probably already dug my own grave so, what's the worse that can happen?

You have the means to build your dream. Just do it. Plenty of folks on here that are willing to help. Ignore the arse-biscuits and haters.

Fer cryin' out loud, I would love to be in a position to build a valve desk if it weren't for having absolutely no freakin' spondooleys to work with.

It's all good, just the inter-webs, pay no attention.

Peace brother,
Hinson.

There's a few dckhds out there, but screw them. So far my experience up here has been fantastic. People sharing advice, and designs, and actual items. Many people have sent me PCBs for free or only the cost of freight. Another person shared an FPD file with me that was a complicated design. It had to take hours and hours with lots of trial and error. I was dreading having to do the design, and then he just gave it to me.

Hang in there.

Hello GDIY

This post was made by a Alternate Identity. I suffer from a condition known today as Dissociative Identity Disorder, formerly known commonly as Multiple Personality Disorder. This Alters can surface when attacked as a natural defence mechanism due to our condition. I expect no pity or sympathy as this is simply our reality.

I am not bashful about my condition as I have been detailing from time to time here. All I can ask is for a little wiggle room when communicating with me which for the most part everyone has understood. As you all may be aware, we were already uncomfortable attempting to "fit in" to a normal society like here on GDIY.

However when GDIY members invite outside parties to converse with us, and we of course inform them we are mentally disabled and they still choose to take to attacking us , F' you and F' this... we have to consider the reality that people actually do not understand anything, or care, about mental health survivors.

While attempting to look over it and see the bright side the reality of my impairment took over.

In regards to specifics, they are really trivial in the scheme things as attacks on us because we are Mentally Disabled are more common place then we can convey. Plus I bare no ill will to anyone on who is passionate about their audio designs. However we do need to address the fact that a Alternate got loose.

I will adjust the heading to be less dramatic, but am second guessing everything after this recent attack coming as a result of attempting to better myself.

Sorry for the outburst, I hate having to apologize in this way, for my Mental Health. That is what utlimately disgusted us... we never thought we would have to defend our illness because of the more insecure parties active and inactive on GDIY.

This is a rant I guess... but this is what I felt was important to explain.

Be Well :)

Wall

No need to explain. I know from my own experience that mental illness is far more common than most people think. There are plenty of us on here who have been down a similar road. It's not easy but you just have to learn to cope somehow. Remember we are all on your side and here to help.

Cheers

ian

Wall,
I'm only guessing and attempting to fill in the gaps of what actually transpired with this other individual's attitude towards you, but regardless, it's perfectly understandable that your defense mechanisms would kick in given the circumstance.
As Ian said, mental illnesses are indeed common. Lots of us on here will relate.
It's really a shame on the people who aren't perhaps aware of the impact that an ill-informed attitude can have on a survivor.
I imagine it was quite traumatic for you.

Anyway, there's really no need for apologies of any sort.
You just do what you need to do to stay well. Rant if it helps. You have friends here.

And you fit in just fine by the way, don't even give that another thought,
take care

Wall, the fact that you're able to be so candid with us while giving us insight into your experiences... I really admire that. +1 to what Ian and Wislnston said - there are many of us who've been down a similar road with weird brain stuff and there's no need to apologize.

I'm glad to see you're taking care of yourself first. We can all do a little more of that I think.

Back