DIY 500 series STUDER 169 Recording Channel (Mic Pre + EQ) Documents Published!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

I've finally got a board etched and am filling it. Audiox, did you have some smart idea how to utilize those extra pads for switches?  Or just wire off board? Mostly interested in phantom, pad, polarity and maybe hpf.

-Tony

Yes PCB's would rock!

I etched one and built it. It's not pretty but it's working. I would rather take a factory made PCB though.

I thought I made some heavy mistakes or built a radio as there was some strange noise and it started oscillating like crazy on higher gain or frequency gain settings. Turned out to be the Lindell 510 rack. Moved to a slot further away from the PSU and voila works as expected. Low noise, huge gain. Need to do that pad. I wired a switch for the phantom and added a red LED with 10k resistor.
Should the LED be connected to ground or chassis? Or is the only down side connecting to ground the pop that it gives when turing on? (chassis so far away......) :)

Thanks for the project! I'll do at least one more....waiting for some brave to have some PCB's manufactured.

-Tony

I try BC550c and BC109C!

With this two I get more Bass!BC239 has less bass than BC550 and BC109!

This preamp is amazing!I use him on everything!Planning to do 12 channels of this!

It would be great to use PAD,HIPASS FILTER,+48V,LINE,PHASE and differnete freq on high and low freq!

audiox said:
Note. Options not shown for clarity. I will draw separate wiring diagrams for the numerous options.

It would be nice to see these and compare to what I did.

BTW there seems to be some DC offset (~50mV. The 169 EQ's I built have 100mV). How to trim it or should I put some output caps or just never mind it?

;)

I'd like to share my front panel if somebody would have any use for it.
I wouldn't recommend to use it as is as it has really small clearance for the text as you can see in the photo above.

It's not fully my writing. I used a panel from the EQ thread and modified it with help from Frank who also produced the panels.
Thanks for that.

I'll try to attach it here as linking to outside services tend to stop working with time.
Just change the extension to .fpd

Attachments

• Audiox Recording Channel Front Panel.brd
    1.9 KB · Views: 85
Hi all,

can I use for mids  (frequency and gain) concentric pot with these parameters?

2x 100K rev log (for frequency sweep), 1x 10K linear witch center tap (for +- gain)

When I add a 10K resistor parallel on 1. and 3. lug on the 10K gang, everything could be Ok...  Or not?

Thanks

M.

Vac11 said:
can I use for mids  (frequency and gain) concentric pot with these parameters?
2x 100K rev log (for frequency sweep), 1x 10K linear witch center tap (for +- gain)

The P5 value is not critical. A single 10 kohm potentiometer should be fine.

Mounting on the L-bracket is possible to... Here is another possible solution:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XBYPfmG8pVMjVkMDYzNTEtYzdhMS00ZDlkLWJjNWMtZGZjMGFiODAzYTNl/view?ddrp=1&hl=en#

Can you tell me who sells the knobs you are using Sound of Rolf?

What is the make, modelnumber, partnumber and where to order?
Thnx

Back