DIY API 1604 inspired mixer (16x8x2)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy! What a great thread this is. You, sir, are my new hero.

The word "impressive" doesn't cut it here. Wow. o_O

many thanks for sharing so many pictures. Inspiring!

Thank you Square / Bo ! You put me on the I2C path!

thanks for sharing so many pictures
You're welcome Grooveter, thanks for kind words.

all channels dimmed except the solo'd one. Neat.
Right?! Solo In Front was new to me as well, and I had about the same response; seems quite useful for adding a bit of contextualization to a solo track that needs fixing, etc.

Hello folks, few updates. Swapped top patch for 500 rack to house stereo comp/lims and utilities. Finishing fader plates.

Patch / slot section back plates:
2lP7Ezf.jpg

Mounting Rack (12-slot metal and backplane from Total Audio Control):
uuHhYlC.jpg

JLM's PPM meter now compliments Mix VU's.
jE7Xqr5.jpg

Fader engravings arrived, starting backfill:
7XlIJNv.jpg

Last edited:
PSC-6003 working hard to drive the whole desk, voltage drops are below acceptable levels.
Going to split duties with top PSU for audio and P48 connections.
Relay cards and penthouse will use lower PS600 with additional cable con.
sL4sGyz.jpg

Ya man ! That’s looking real nice. What are the green and black 500 modules in the upper picture some kind of compressor. Love the aluminum extrusion . Very high end looking. Renaissance Man, building your own tools of the trade. These are my kind of plug-ins.

Last edited:
Hey Fazy, thanks for the support. Comps are Tonelux TX5C. They take some time to dial in, but are versatile. Variable FF/FB, and the TT input is nice for ext sc's.

Patch panel worked over & labeled:

AnyiH9e.jpg

Last edited:
Solo In Front was new to me as well, and I had about the same response; seems quite useful for adding a bit of contextualization to a solo track that needs fixing, etc.
Functionally, it's similar to many mixers that had a separate output and a separate speaker for the solo bus and at the same time dimmed the main monitors.

Latest posts

Back