DIY API 1604 inspired mixer (16x8x2)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boji said:
Bought a label maker
KvcnRhI.jpg

Beautiful! Which label maker did you buy? I want one that can do *that!*

Beautiful! Which label maker did you buy? I want one that can do *that!*
Thanks.  Having fun with the Brother PT-E550, which pairs to P-touch editing software.
They also make a desktop "Touch Cube XP" printer that takes up to 1.5" labels.

Beware the E330; font size is not independently adjustable when stacking characters.

Faceplate engravings are in process and due to ship back in a week or so. Excited!

Top panels finished:
NJ01226.jpg

Burn-in went well-- no smoke! More testing of channels is needed to make sure all relays are energising despite voltage drop coming from PSU. Good news is the more relay assignments there are, the lower the overall current.

I8FfL42.jpg

Neopixels are working as intended. Using a single rotary encoder to adjust blocks of vu colors and brightness (will post on it later).

Cherenkov Mode:
DmlIZrC.jpg

It’s very modern looking.  The switch and VU lights in the dark picture is great looking. 

The gray panels inset in aluminum extrusion reminds me of an 80 series NEVE.

API lineage and modern DIY.  Very impressive.

Thanks Faze for all the support!

Digital Updates:
Mute/Solo illumination tests draw total of 48mA per MCP23017 chip, well under the max rating of 120mA.
This is in part due to using two-leg bicolors for pushbuttons, so 16 pins manage 8 led's per chip. 
qjZUC1q.jpg

Working up PCB for fanouts. Plenty of leftover female RJ45's from project, so might as well keep with the connection type.
xcmzrR0.jpg

Bulk of faceplates arrived too, so back to hardware for a bit.
XH55EMI.jpg

Nice tidy work. My eyes and hands are no longer capable of such intricate work. That's why I prefer all controls to be PCB mounted.

Cheers

Ian

Thank you Ian,

Returning to just one brought back the dread and tedium.  If these things start failing, better to swap for something active, or at the very least, include use a mini breakout board for the rotary.  ::)

Ah yes, those would definitely be a time saver. Thanks!

This weekend:  Backfilling engravings ( pita  :-[ )  Minuita is life.

JA0FCmc.jpg

Painting some lines on 11mm knobs:

dhVYAR2.jpg

Shaving button caps to a nice height:

JhK0xbS.jpg

Back