DIY DUAL GERMANIUM MIC PRE-EQ BASED ON NEVE EARLY DESIGNS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderlandaudio

All interested please let me know. Shematics hosted in http://groupdiy.silentarts.net/Wonderlandaudio/Binder1.pdf

I´ve sourced for the germanium transistors and all are currently made by Digitron. I have Gardners input transformers to make around 20 pairs. If enough interest I´ll share the gardners.Please let me know

I'm interested in the simplified mic pre idea without the eq. And I'd take 2 of the transformers if you make them available.

I been thinking about including the simplified eq because it´s basically 2 pots, a B101 or B105 card, which is like 2 transistors and a few res. and believe me the bass is insane. I guess it overloads the output stage. The mic pre alone is basically a 1253 with and additional sensitivity switch.

[quote author="Wonderlandaudio"]Nope, I´m not in TapeOp. I´m located in Spain[/quote]

Oh right, that was Wunder Audio. Sorry for the diversion. Sounds like a very cool project.

Are you planning to sell these as kits with the transformers and transistors, or are you planning to sell the completed modules?

I just want to share the transformers and see if we can work it out together. I had some previous ideas and I´ve been looking for parts and sources. I also have real modules for comparison and testing.

Just to clearify, i would be interested in 1 pair!!

By the way, where did you find all the Neve modules (55!?) you sold to the US, in Spain??
Or maybe that is your secret???

Regards,
Dennis

[quote author="API"]Just to clearify, i would be interested in 1 pair!!

By the way, where did you find all the Neve modules (55!?) you sold to the US, in Spain??
Or maybe that is your secret???

Regards,
Dennis[/quote]

There´s no secret. Take a look at auroraaudio console pix and will found some spanish ones

Back