DIY General Store - Opamps, Tubes, Parts & More

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burdij

Years ago, I had a "bricks & mortar" surplus electronics store. I eventually put up a website offering many electronic items. But it became too much work and eventually I closed both. This left a lot of parts, new, used and surplus. Now I have reopened an online store and am offering all those original parts and more.
new.gif
I am closing out the GCM-11 microphone and as a result have several unmodified, factory fresh, microphones, power supplies, and cases available. This microphone is the same unit sold by Apex as the model 460. Here is a picture of what you will receive: [br]
gcm_11_case_ds.jpg
[br]The closeout price is $170.00 per unit including free shipping to the continental US$150.00. [br][br]Click this link to add the item to the Grove Audio onlinestore shopping cart: Condenser Microphone Closeout Special. If you have problems with the links or don't want to go through the store, you can email me directly at jburdick(at)groveaudio.com [br][br]Several new parts have been added. ICs, diodes, transistors, knobs, metal film resistors, tantalum electrolytics, and potentiometers to name a few. There are three new pages, too, including XLR connectors and cables, a page of parts for DIY synthesizer construction, and a page of parts for DIY microphone construction. On the main Grove Audio site, the new featured product is a Dual LFO/VCA synthesizer module compatible with Synthesizer.com and other 5U Moog-style modular synths. Several more modules are in the works, too.
Tubes were one of the most popular items at the old place and will be available again in the new store. I am also offering new manufacture tubes from well-known companies. Soon I will have the full searchable inventory of over 2000 types on line, too. Recently added tubes include a very robust 5Y3GT full wave rectifier and a very nice 12AX7 from Electro Harmonix.
Listed below are some representative items that I think are useful for audio DIY. Click on the item to go to the appropriate catalog page.
I have several latching pushbutton switches such as these "PBH" style subminiatures.
This 6 hole ferrite bead can be used in discrete opamp circuits like the 990C. Three turns of wire through this part yeilds 35 uHy.
I have several useful values of 2 Watt "vintage" carbon potentiometers like this Clarostat unit.
Audio input, interstage, output and power transformers useful for preamps, amplifiers and processing units will be stocked. I can also offer Fender and Marshall replacement units.
And, of course, useful kits and assembled modules like this 2520-style discrete opamp.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?When you place an order through the online store and enter the promo code PRODIGYPRO (case insensitive, no spaces), you may receive a discount of as much as 20% off the items in your order (10% on tubes, mike parts, and modules). On top of that, 1% of your discounted total order will be contributed to the PRODIGY-PRO forum for its operation.  In addition, you can add an optional "chip" of 1% which will also go toward forum operations.
const21.gif
The site is still undergoing construction but that means that every time you return, there will be something new. And if you see something that doesn't work, have trouble placing an order, or would just like additional information, you can send an email to customersupport(at)groveaudio.com and let me know. [br /][br /]Check out the main catalog index. Click here . . . [br /][br /]Don't forget to use the promo code PRODIGYPRO when ordering.

Nice !

People with the Chineve pres may be interested in your
transformer shields to use for their eq inductors .

we need to catch up on the mic deal , email me please

burdij, nice store.  glad to see you have the wellbuying LED pushbutton switches.

you mention mic parts... will you ever sell your c37 style mounts?  i kept waiting for you to send me an invoice for mine and it never came.

ed

I placed an order the other week, on the 29th, and haven't heard back as to whether or not my order shipped, I tried emailing the paypal address but didn't get anything back, just wondering what's up with my order.

Thanks

I just wanted to say that burdij's 2520 op amp kit is great. Very easy for even an klutz like me to put to together. I quite preferred this op amp's sound over a melcor 1731 clone in a 312-style pre. The improvement was surprisingly un-subtle.

Hi, nice site. The miniature 15V bipolar power supply is a nice bit of kit; I've linked to it on a couple of synthesizer DIY forums.

Dear Burdij - Please go check your customerxxxxxxx e-mail account. I sent you an e-mail yesterday. I slightly melted the top of one of the capacitors on one 2520. Please go read my e-mail. Thanks very much, Dana Walcott.

Burdji, is there any way to check the status of an order? I've send you a PM and also an email to the costumer service of your online store. I am interested in making a change to the order if it hasn't already shipped.

thanks,
Mason

I have placed a number of new items in my store. Several new parts and a few new tube types have been added. I have also added assembled and tested 2520SMD DOAs to the module page.

In addition, I have a couple of new pages describing modular synthesizer products compatible and complimentary with, I hope, the Synthesizer.com product line and other Moog 5U style synthesizers. At some point, in the not too distant future, I will also offer the modular synth products as complete kits and also as "board and panel" kits. Future modules that are either in prototype or manufacturing are a combination Mixer/Processor module, a MIDI to CV module, and a 150 Watt power supply module. Go to Products/Electronic Music in the left nav menu to view these.

There are new pages specifically devoted to DIY mikes and synthesizers. I am planning on providing a topic-specific collection of useful parts for builders who focus on these areas.

I have made some site improvements to take care of some issues that users of Firefox had reported and I have been moving critical site functions to a new host to get better reliability on the site. There is still some work to do in that area so there may still be some times when the site is not accessible, but these should be short.

When placing an order, remember to use the promo code "PRODIGYPRO". Some people who have placed orders haven't taken advantage of it.

I wanted to send the synth link to a friend but some of the links
won't open and i don't the synth one you were mentioning ?

I had some non-functional links to the power components page (forgot an underscore in the page name, duh-o!). I thought I got those fixed last weekend, though. okgb - Could you tell me what browser are you using? Firefox reacts badly to my sloppy javascript technique, I guess. Also, if you still can't see the new pages you could try flushing your browser cache. I have just about completed the board for the 2 chan. MIDI->CV converter and due to the usual feature creep, I am thinking about having the capability for a second "helper" panel that would add two more channels. I am also thinking of including a MIDI clock output. Those seem to be increasingly popular. Thanks for the feedback.

Back