Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

E-mails went out today regarding the 51X psu kit corrections, please make sure to read and respond.

thanks

Bryan

ptown... just a quick thought..

as one of mikes ideas was to squeeze the sb4k into an 8'' case... are you providing ones approx this shallow in the kits?

Thanks

its not that great in my opinion. seems a bit odd that mike would keep the boards small at great effort to go and stick it in a whoppa case.

Ptwon, is it possible to get a refund for this portion?

Thanks

gives you room to keep the pwr xfmr further away for one
easier to build in , but check out stuff you already have
most of my comercial stuff is 10" or more
a couple custom pieces that are 8" just fits preamp boards
I don't want to argue in ptowns thread but i wouldn't worry
about it unless you can find a cheap source

Hey PTown,

Just wanted to ping you on the parts kits for the SB4000. How are things coming along my friend?

Hope all is well in life.

If 10'' is good for you then I certainly dont want to dispute that. Its nothing personal against anyone and certainly not meant to seem argumentative.

I have a 6'' case here for another project and it looks like everything will fit in that. I prefer compact.

I presume ptown is ordering a load of 10'' for generic stock, and as such shouldnt be a problem to refund. If, however, you are only ordering cases for people who preordered, then I will of course honour it

let me know
jake

smallcase.jpg

Sorry, been doing a whole whack of wiring work for a new studio...makes for no internet during the day. If you truly want your money back if it's going to be a 10" case, that will be fine. However, if the prototype comes back good on the one I've got in the works, you're gonna want this one, especially since you'll will have paid far less than what I will be selling them for.

I'll post exactly what is going on in a few days. Sorry for the delay on this, this kit has an astronomical amount of parts and it's been a rough go getting all of them. Lots of back ordered parts that I spent nearly a week plugging away finding suppliers from outside the norm to expedite the process.

No problem, and no rush. Interested to see what you are working on.

I'll catch up with you via PM if required.

Cheers
Jake

Hi Ptownkid,

Can I still order 2xSB4000 "whole enchilada" kits from the UK?  2 x $337CAD. 

I will paypal this to you on confirmation.  Do you have a shipping quote yet for this to London UK?

Many thanks,

Will

Got my sb4000 board today so just checking in. . .any eta on the enchiladas?

Sort of...I've been out working on a studio wiring job so I have not been home most of the time recently. 95% of the parts are here, still waiting on a few items and the meters. There's been a couple snags with the enclosures, and I have to get them right as i do not want to have sub-standard quality on these.

I'm going to assess the situation more precisely this weekend and send an update e-mail out to all that pre-ordered

thanks for your patience guys, it is appreciated.

Yeah, no worries.  Just curious!

Thanks again for offering this kit.

Just submitted payment for a full SB4000 parts kit plus Chassis and Meter ($337 CAD - awaiting Shipping fee details).

What power Transformer and knobs are people going with?  Mouser P/N's would be fantastic!!!

Also - What IEC connector will fit into the chassis (what is it punched for)?  Again - a P/N is greatly appreciated...

Lastly, can you add 2 more XLR-F's for the Sidechain Inputs and bill me?  Or can you provide the P/N's for the ones you will be shipping so I can match them for aesthetics?

E-Mail sent as well...

Thanks!  8)

Latest posts

Back