Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man...it is Christmas, the majority of my family is not local, and the wife's bday is the 27th...

You'll note if you read the long update that the sockets and terminal blocks will be here early January, so those are not here. The THAT chips are at the border, and have been since the 23rd at least, our postal system shuts down for many days in a row, which means nothing moves.

Only one person has contacted me to say they'd like their order split and shipped at two different times so i didn't think an update was necessary considering I said that the sockets and terminals would not be here until January.

The one thing I can say is that we are definitely nearing the end of this epic journey, almost everything that I have on hand has been sorted, and there is a mountain of boxes and parts in the corner of my office.

Cheers and happy new year.

Yeah man, don't sweat it.  I know people get bummed when things drag out, but I think you are offering a great service by going through the pain and suffering of sourcing these parts so we don't have to.  I have so many projects I am sourcing right now that the ability to just have a box arrive at my door a little late but with everything is far more appealing to me than keeping yet another set of components orders straight.

any more progress on chassis and meters?

I can't help but be curious to know what every manufacturer has been doing so horribly wrong.

With regards to the metalwork...where do i start?

-Poor powdercoat quality, uneven coat
-Noticeable tool marks on surfaces
-rough/burred holes
-several crooked tapped holes

I have found another local manufacturer for future protos that showed me some samples of similar stuff and they look fantastic.

At this point it's a given that I am going with the original plan and getting par-metal cases and processing the rear panels myself by cnc. At least then I will know it's done right.

So the chassis will be happening fairly soon (in line with the component packages - hopefully mid January)?  As long as the chassis won't hold up the component kit or come too far after the component kit - I'll sit tight...

I might request 2 additional XLR openings as a second set of inputs (input A/B with a toggle switch on front panel) if you will be doing the CNC yourself.  Would that be possible?

Thanks for pushing on through and bringing this home!  We're all pulling for you  ;D

8)

The THAT shipment is still sitting in customs...stupid holidays...getting annoyed.

With regards to the chassis, yes, anything is possible on an individual basis. You will all receive an e-mail asking how you want it done, no real skin of my back and I want everyone to get EXACTLY what they want. That is the one true benefit to simply using the par-metal chassis'.

onward

Green pre should be available again soonish...I've had the parts forever, i just need to find hte time to get them sorted. Life has been ridiculously busy for the last year. Having a child was a big change for us.

SB4000 Update: Just got back from Canada customs, clearance paperwork is done on the THAT chips, one step closer, hooray!!!

51x psu parts update; So we were not able to return the rest of our amphenol connectors, as such, they are now back in stock. Please make sure to specify whether you need a round 1 or 2 adapter plate.

Is it possible to still order a full parts kit for the sb4000? Or did you order only enough for the pre-orders?

Thanks

IEC = http://ca.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=6200.2200virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-6200.2200 or similar

Tsane, yes, there are extra. Once they are an in stock product (about 2 weeks) the price will increase slightly, so if you want to order one now's the time.

Cheers.

PS...THAT chips showed up yesterday, wooot!

Ptownkid said:
With regards to the metalwork...where do i start?

-Poor powdercoat quality, uneven coat
-Noticeable tool marks on surfaces
-rough/burred holes
-several crooked tapped holes

I have found another local manufacturer for future protos that showed me some samples of similar stuff and they look fantastic.

At this point it's a given that I am going with the original plan and getting par-metal cases and processing the rear panels myself by cnc. At least then I will know it's done right.
Does this mean that you will only have 4 holes instead of 6 holes at the rear?

Can you also add holes for the pcb and transformers or any other holes needed for this build onto the chassis?

Latest posts

Back