DIY-Racked DR-609 build...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's really wierd.
So how it happend:
I trimmed the 24V -+ on the PSU.
Put it in the case connected the Channel PCB without any IC's or AMP in it.
Connected the VU meter en VU LED to the PCB and turned it on.
The LED of the VU went on for a few seconds and then went out.
I measured the voltage of on the Channel PCB and had nothing.

When measuring the resistance of the Primary windings, one of the two didn't gave anything anymore.

Please don't kill me, still learning a lot of electronics.

So, now with the Neve Calibration manual I'm trying it.

So everything is fine untill Compressor calibration, Limiter is tuned.

When I do a gain make-up on the Compressor, The signal on the output is not getting up.

Quick question for folk that have built this.

Which rotary switch did you use for the 24 step THD switch?

As with the other diy-racked kits support and manuals aren't great
my kit worked very first time and calibrated it with their v1 manual
i had to do it multiple times and used a little of my own feel because not
all measurements where able to get. but hey it sounds really great,
mine is loaded with carnhill transformers. dead quiet. creamy buttery soundwise.

lennieh said:
Quick question for folk that have built this.

Which rotary switch did you use for the 24 step THD switch?

Are you referring to the Threshold switch? 

I used what was indicated in the BOM... A ELMA 04-1130.  Is there a reason why you don't want or can't use this switch?  Arguably, this switch is on the expensive side, but it is quality.

Cheers!

At the end, mine is fully working now, it was an AMP340 with some bad transistors on it...
Matched the ZENER DIODES that I forgot to do.

Working beautiful as I speak.

ron_swanson said:
Are you referring to the Threshold switch? 

I used what was indicated in the BOM... A ELMA 04-1130.  Is there a reason why you don't want or can't use this switch?  Arguably, this switch is on the expensive side, but it is quality.

Cheers!
The v1.1 BOM didn't specify a particular switch. I got a pair of a pair of Blore Edwards switches. But cheaper than the Elias and very sexy looking...

lennieh said:
The v1.1 BOM didn't specify a particular switch. I got a pair of a pair of Blore Edwards switches. But cheaper than the Elias and very sexy looking...

lennieh,

Ah, my build is a v1.0. Unfortunately, I bought my PCB's just weeks before DIY-Racked released their v1.1 update.

That aside, Blore-Edwards is solid quality.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi
On AMP340, Q1 Q2 and Q3 is TO39 draw on PCB

But BC184C and BC214C is a TO92

Someone have a picture of his AMP340 ? what is the orientation of the transistor ?

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_112230_resized_20210604_060711044.jpg
    IMG_20210604_112230_resized_20210604_060711044.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210604_112055_resized_20210604_113049562.jpg
    IMG_20210604_112055_resized_20210604_113049562.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 72
Hi, next question :

For the comp Attack switch,
On the manual : SPDT ON/OFF/ON

But on a front panel is only '' Fast and Slow ''

It's a mistake ? It's two SPDT ON/ON switch or what's the center possition ?

Best

Hi all, I finally got my boards for this after ordering at the end of February. I'm in the process of building them and hit the point where I wired the PS to one of the boards. I'm noticing that the LEDs are getting -24V/Gnd. Is that correct?

Also kind of wondering about Egprod's question above..

Hi, next question :

For the comp Attack switch,
On the manual : SPDT ON/OFF/ON

But on a front panel is only '' Fast and Slow ''

It's a mistake ? It's two SPDT ON/ON switch or what's the center possition ?

Best
I guess technically a on-off-on would have a center position with no connection. I used a on-on with no issues.

Hi all, I finally got my boards for this after ordering at the end of February. I'm in the process of building them and hit the point where I wired the PS to one of the boards. I'm noticing that the LEDs are getting -24V/Gnd. Is that correct?

Also kind of wondering about Egprod's question above..
Im guessing you have the newer 1.1 boards? My build was a 1.0 and in that build the documentation was in error where the LEDs were shown to be wired backwards. Can’t say how that may or may not apply to the newer boards. Hopefully that issue was fixed. Hope this helps some.

I don't think a support thread about a Purusha product should be posted in this forum.

You should start this thread in Purusha forum and not here.

Purusha was banned from here for many rightfully reasons

Just to let you know I will report this thread to the moderators and then it's their decision what to do

As a moderator, I don't want to censor, but one should act according to their conscience.
I understand that someone who is trapped seeks a solution by all means, but should not be surprised if he meets some reluctance.

Back