DIY teacher/mentor in Los angeles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigevil

Hi,
I'm looking to get my hands dirty and get more involved in these kinds of projects (just built my first small little foot pedals and mess around kits) and thought it would be good to hire a tech who could oversee and advise me as I embark on this new journey into building my own clones.

ezzafash at g mail dot com if you're interested at all,
thanks much

You might try to get involved with a Makerspace, which is what I did. Not a lot of electronics DIYers in mine, but I give soldering lessons from time to time, and I get help from other people when I need 3D printed or laser cut parts.
If you are doing the Makerspace thing, you may be able to machine your own single or double-sided circuitboards too depending on their setup.

Before it got super cold I was doing a random audio and taco truck meet up with some friends, once spring rolls back around Ill start it back up again. We would get tacos and talk about projects we were working on.

Possibly. I need to look into it. But JLC is so cheap there is almost no need.
I have never had much with heavy copper like we use and chemical etch, the edges seem to get wonky. I do fully admit I have no patience, and as you say, there are many affordable PCB houses these days. A few friends bought a couple robotic wave assembly lines and were looking for something to run when they had downtime. Maybe I need to reach out.

I have held a few synth meetups at my facility here in Burbank. People bring all sorts of rigs, and we all connect via Ableton Link (which keeps everyone in sync) and we jam for ~5hrs. It's a lot of fun, there are very diverse styles/rigs/people to meet, and some interesting music is made.

We could have a electronics DIY meetup here, but what exactly do people envision doing? I am having a hard time thinking of activities, unless its more of a software programming meetup, or a "show-and-tell" style event, which could be interesting.

I recently moved to Chino in the "inland empire" myself. I'd be willing to teach the occasional class on grounding, AC power, input/output stage tand general analog circuit design. I could host small groups (6 or less). It would be a fun way to make some friends in the area!
I’d be interested! I’m in Rancho Cucamonga, so not too far away at all.

I recently moved to Chino in the "inland empire" myself. I'd be willing to teach the occasional class on grounding, AC power, input/output stage tand general analog circuit design. I could host small groups (6 or less). It would be a fun way to make some friends in the area!
What a fantastic offer! 👍Here you can really learn a lot. If I were not 9300Km away, I would participate guaranteed. Thanks and best regards from the other side of the pond.

Screenshot_20230721_085548_Chrome.jpg
Edit: Even Google maps refuses to calculate a car route for me...bummer 😅

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back