Does Circuit EQ on an OPA Alice make any sense?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Takstar K67 capsule in my OPA Alice, and I almost always run a high shelf EQ to roll off the high frequencies to get a flatter response. Problem is that post EQ isn’t always available wherever I go, so I would much rather have the EQ built into circuit. What I’d really be interested is an updated OPA Alice PCB with an optional de-emphasis circuit. What are the downsides? I’m not exactly knowledgeable about circuit design, just good at wiring things where they need to be.

I have a Takstar K67 capsule in my OPA Alice, and I almost always run a high shelf EQ to roll off the high frequencies to get a flatter response. Problem is that post EQ isn’t always available wherever I go, so I would much rather have the EQ built into circuit. What I’d really be interested is an updated OPA Alice PCB with an optional de-emphasis circuit. What are the downsides? I’m not exactly knowledgeable about circuit design, just good at wiring things where they need to be.
I don't think there are really any downsides other than needing a couple extra components, and potentially introducing noise if you don't do a good job on the soldering, maybe burn a capacitor, but those are mistakes you could make working on anything, not exclusive to a mic and especially not this circuit. If anything I can only see it as a positive because the high frequency roll off should help reduce the noise that's already there.

Back