Donor Body That Fits the I/O 67 Mod Kit..?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchman

Hello..Question and I'm sure it's been asked but, is there a body that can be use for the I/O 67 Mod kit instead of having to purchase a TLM 67..?..Also can you purchase the K67 capsule head stack separately to put on it..?

No. The original Neumann body is a fine tuned work of art that has several features not present in any copy (unless it’s a really expensive copy). The different parts you mention won’t work. I own both a Neumann with the IO67 kit and a couple of hand built 87 copies, so I’ve seen the difference in person.

there is an expensive knock-off 87 that is close but it is not the same. the slight head/grille differences are clearly audible ime

there is an expensive knock-off 87 that is close but it is not the same. the slight head/grille differences are clearly audible ime
I've seen these. It's a real shame that they worked so hard on everything else but the like two things they messed up make such a difference. What a counterfeit otherwise

Sadly the original capsule and headbasket is where all the money is. Sadly you get closer to u67 with stock TLM67 than any other replicated capsule/headbasket and original u67 electronics.

Hey..Thanks guys..!..I was just thinking that if there was such a doner body available, why not just skip to the I/O kit mod since you're gonna " gut ' the insides anyway..:unsure:...Oh well, I guess to do this right I'll get the TLM-67...!

Sadly the original capsule and headbasket is where all the money is. Sadly you get closer to u67 with stock TLM67 than any other replicated capsule/headbasket and original u67 electronics.
Hello..Thanks for this..!..I was actually thinking about getting the TLM-67 or the U-87 AI with the intentions of adding the I/O Kit later..Which of these two sounds better stock? Is the only difference between these two is the AI has a transformer and if so, what transformer is in it stock?

I think the problem you’ll run into is the Max 67 (even if the exterior is identical) snaps into the Neumann just like the real thing. it doesn’t use screws to attach the parts together like in cheap bodies.

Latest posts

Back