DPA 4060

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubxf

Hello,
i have a DPA 4060 that works but has a much lower output than another. I thought it could be a bad solder or broken wire at the XLR but rewiring didn't change anything. Could it be that the 2.2uF 50V capacitors need to be changed?

Attachments

• DPA 4060 P48 schematic.jpg
    DPA 4060 P48 schematic.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 22
Because of what? Leakage? I don't see that being enough to drag the voltage down that much. Can you measure the voltage at the electret? It's such a simple circuit I would have to wonder if maybe the electret is damaged.

Hello,
i have a DPA 4060 that works but has a much lower output than another. I thought it could be a bad solder or broken wire at the XLR but rewiring didn't change anything. Could it be that the 2.2uF 50V capacitors need to be changed?
That’s a drawing I received with some 4060’s having no connector attached. The bit on the right is my addition for a 9V battery box I built. None of that is in the mic, it’s completely out of context. Going quiet is a well known end of life symptom with 4060’s.

Thanks Doug, i re-posted your schematic because it is exactly the pcb that is in the xlr plug in my mic. I worked on the mic some more and it looks like it is not going to come back to life.

such a few count of components that you can even change them all.
If that doesn't fix it then Bo Deadly might be right in that it could be a capsule failure.

Maybe DPA have spare parts and you could order a capsule element,
or send the mic to them to be fixed

Latest posts

Back