Drawmer DS 201 Impedance for Guitar

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast-Die

hello,

i was thinking of using my DS 201 gate for a wierd use in my pedal board,
but therefor i would like to match the impedance to 1M at the input side and 1K at the output side(both Unbalanced).
I am ok Fixing broken parts but i never had to engineer something like this ;)
so can anyone help me how to calculate this?

will the sidechain be ok for a use with guitar?

Schematics:
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=2430.msg29693;topicseen#msg29693

Thanks already ;)

abbey road d enfer said:
The input impedance of both the iregular input and key input is already 1Meg.
It is? The manual says 20K in and 100R out. An  old schem looks like 100K in (but hopefully newer units don't use that input).

But this thing doesn't look like it could easily be hacked for high-Z. Just use another pedal in front of it. Or get a little buffer if necessary.

squarewave said:
But this thing doesn't look like it could easily be hacked for high-Z. Just use another pedal in front of it. Or get a little buffer if necessary.
You are correct. I didn't notice the input stages were inverting. What a weird design...

Actually the DS201 came optional balanced or unbalanced inputs , I have early an unbalanced version with white two pole jack input sockets on the back , as far as I remember it is a 1meg input to a fet op/amp , most of the later ones were probably the balanced input variety, which adds an extra dual op'amp .

Should be possible to to wire in an interupt jack socket after the bal line reciever ,but you'd need to check the schematics more closely to be sure you'll end up with the 1 meg you want .

Attachments

• drawmer_ds201_comp_sch.pdf_1.png
    drawmer_ds201_comp_sch.pdf_1.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back