drip 670 meter wiring?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench Recordings

My faceplate says IN GR OUT but looks like I wired it up the original way BAL GR BAL. Advantages of keeping it this way? How would I wire it so it was IN GR OUT?

Thanks,
Dave

The 2 bal positions are there to match balance the audio stage to prevent the sidechain making thumps on the audio.    This is a very useful feature since the balance does need to be checked fairly regualarly & there is no other easy way to do it.

If you decide to disable this feature then you would need to switch the buffer pcb in when it was on "in" or "Out" & remove it from  the circuit when in gain reduction mode since I'm pretty sure the meter buffers won't like the roughly 300v the meter has on it in GR mode.

I never found I needed an i/o VU meter, because it's easy enough to know what your signal level is here on the preceeding & following pieces of gear.

Thank Rob, I found when I balanced with the multimeter on the two resistors as per the drip manual, it was thumping. Using the bal bal meter and balance it perfectly it also thumps. It seems better +1 -1 on the VU tuning it by ear under heavy compression.

Do you find the same on your unit?

Trench Recordings said:
Thank Rob, I found when I balanced with the multimeter on the two resistors as per the drip manual, it was thumping. Using the bal bal meter and balance it perfectly it also thumps. It seems better +1 -1 on the VU tuning it by ear under heavy compression.

Do you find the same on your unit?

The balance point can easily be different under heavy comprssion to th quiessent state unless you got extremely lucky with your 8x 6386.

Latest posts

Back