DRIP 670 V1 SUPPORT THREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

Not enough gear, not enough time.
Hi All,
I might be a bit late to the party on this topic, but I noticed a lot of threads on the lack of support from DRIP?

I too will attest to that, however I have successfully completed 3 DRIP builds (1 x 670 & 2 x EQP's) - so was interested to see if it's worth starting (even though I've seen posts that say we shouldn't support DRIP) a support thread for those that are stuck.

I've got original documentation for both the 670 V1 and the EQP's, and I've taken a lot of videos and photos along the way - I have a couple of build threads on TUMBLR I didn't finish :)
Anyhow - just trying to offer something back to the community.

You might surprise yourself Ricardus :), below is a link to my build thread - its incomplete, but does get to the point of pretty much bolting it all together.
One day i will finish this thread.

The thread captures a LOT of WTFs? DRIP (Greg's) documentation is pretty good, but there were a lot of errors, and he also publishes these errors in additional doc's instead of traditional version control, so it makes for building a massive PIA !! so I've tried to capture in the thread.

The build took me 3-4 years, to save for all the parts AND continually hassle DRIP for clarification on information that was missing or incorrect.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/drip670

Great pictures. Inspiring build dedication. Awe. Triple thumps!

Yeah, sheer overpricedness (Ferrari) and rumours about bad support (fix yourself) had made me skip (and still do!) on those projects. Wouldn't mind, nay, would love to see you get compensation by drip for doing this ; )

;) Thanks Script.
Agree, DRIP support is poor, and I'm comparing to the likes of Hairball (Mike) and Sound Skulptor (JPK) - where ive just finished 4 builds of theirs, where I didn't need to contact either of them coz their documentation & support was A1.

Same goes for Jeff at CAPI - where I gave my Trident console a heart transplant (more on that post later) - and due to his great documentation , i didn't need to call on him for support.

The quality of DRIP though, is superb, and yes the parts are expensive - but I get what Greg is chasing.

For me it was a personal goal- i did an apprenticeship in radio & comms engineering learning from a bunch of guys that knew how to engineer & design stuff like this, and when I was 18 - I thought they were just old guys :) , who probably couldn't find their way around a DX7, but now I'm old (relatively) - i'm wishing i still knew where they were so I could tap into all that knowledge - so it became a big thankyou to them, for sticking with my "young gun" attitude :) and acknowledging their valuable time in the classroom was not wasted on me, as the DRIP V1 670 is possibly one of the more/most complex DIY's - but very do-able if you take your time and sell your car to fund it :)

;) Thanks Script.
Agree, DRIP support is poor, and I'm comparing to the likes of Hairball (Mike) and Sound Skulptor (JPK) - where ive just finished 4 builds of theirs, where I didn't need to contact either of them coz their documentation & support was A1.
I built stuff from both of them and their Docs are indeed A1. I did encounter some minor issues with hardware (actual nuts and bolts hardware) and they both sent me out replacements immediately, no questions asked.

Latest posts

Back