Drip 670 v2 build questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench Recordings

So I have a few questions on this 670 build. Instructions are not 100% clear and I'm left scratching my head...

Looks like I need order input attenuators still as it wasn't listed in the bom. Schematic says 600 omhs T. Any suggestions? Also how do I calculate the fuse size for this project? I'm using the Sowter power transformers and one Hammond transformer

Sowter
W0526  375-0-375V @ 0.2A
                    5V @ 2A
                    6.3Vct @ 5A

W0531  26.8V @ 0.5A

W0577  6,3V @ 2.6A
                    6.3V @ 3A

Hammond
546-186E10
186E10
115/230 56VA 10VCT

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

What build document you have?
you can use the ones from hairball for the 1176. Wiring those should be well described in the build document.

I took 5A fuses for my 2 builds but I only used sowter Transformer.

Any real benefit to using a Mundorf Cap instead of the motor run cap in C304? I mean its in the power supply section so it doesn't make sense to put an audiophile cap in there does it? The other two C101/102 and C201/202 make sense to me because its in the audio path

Trench Recordings said:
Any real benefit to using a Mundorf Cap instead of the motor run cap in C304? I mean its in the power supply section so it doesn't make sense to put an audiophile cap in there does it? The other two C101/102 and C201/202 make sense to me because its in the audio path

I used a film cap there because in the long run they are going to be more reliable.    I don't remember if I used the Mundorf, but there are cheaper film caps out there that will work just as well if you don't want the cost of the Mundorf.

scott2000 said:
The total volt-amps (VA)  that all the secondaries will use divided by the primary voltage will give you the primary current load....ish

I usually take the value calculated as you indicate, and multiply the end result  by 1.25 and use the nearest standard value fuse.

Back