Drip Dual STA-Level - Stereo Link

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morls

Hi,

Nearing the end of my build here, just wondering if anyone has wired in a switch for stereo operation? I got this information from Gregory:
" linking the dual sta is simply joining the control line (i label it as time on the pcb), an spst switch will do"

I was thinking of wiring in the switch from the ribbon connector terminals on the main boards. I'm using SMA connectors to connect the main board "time" to the control board. Would this work, or would having 2 different "time" connections cause issues?

Cheers
Stephen

Hey Stephen!

Yep just link it with a switch! I’m about to finish dual sta #2 with a few mods for more flexibility and consistency. I tried a few methods for the link using diodes and a resistor but a straight link after r35 is all you need :)

George

Hey Stephen!

Yep just link it with a switch! I’m about to finish dual sta #2 with a few mods for more flexibility and consistency. I tried a few methods for the link using diodes and a resistor but a straight link after r35 is all you need :)

George
Hey George. I've just finished off the STA build. I've tried implementing the stereo link, using 'time' signal from each of the control boards on an SPST. Each end of the cable is soldered into the far pin of the 'fixed resistor' which was skipped on the control board!

However - I'm not seeing a stereo compression..

I'd appreciate a quick pic of where you put the cable ends!

Cheers.

For sure, I ended up wiring straight off the 56k resistor footprint which is on the main board if you're using drip's PCB. Just make sure you're using the pad furthest from the 6AL5 so you're on the correct side of the resistor. I have the 56k resistor and 4.7k on a switch so I could implement triple mode as well.

Currently, I've got a diode across the 10m resistor just to be sure about the stereo link constants, I haven't done proper tests with or without, just not at that stage of the build yet. But either way you should still see stereo compression.

Let me know how you go!

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 19
  • STEREO LINK - Gates_Sta-Level_Schematic_with_triple_mode_and_release_mod_input_pad_switch_fp_p...JPG
    STEREO LINK - Gates_Sta-Level_Schematic_with_triple_mode_and_release_mod_input_pad_switch_fp_p...JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back