DRIP ELECTRONICS ULTRA BRITISH HELP THREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the best of my knowledge based on what David Garen told me, Cinemag has all the suitable historically accurate transformers. These quotes are from a few months ago so I assume are out of date. At the time of these quotes all 8 transformers could be had for under 1k (915.04) not including shipping. This is what I plan to use:
2x CMMI-7C ($76.31)
2x CM-9661A-H (high-nickel laminations - $164.34)
2x CM-13102 ($62.65)
2x CM-16402 for $154.22.

Hope this is helpful.
I am a bit confused!!! Are these CINEMAG transformers for the ALTEC 436C Compressor? Or, for the REDD47? Can you let me know?

I am interested in building the ALTEC 436C and any information/parts/schematics that you may have on this unit will be very highly appreciated. THANKS!!!

/

Hi Roel, Was wondering if you would be willing to share your front panel design? Curious how the project is going for you?
Hi, sorry for the latency...
But I didn't get an e-mail about this post.

I can upload the PDF but not the FPD-file (Front panel design)

The project sits on the shelf because of no-time-at-all-for-now. The last thing I was trying to accomplish is to get the voltages right but they were all off, even the psu-voltages. Another problem is that there is no support what soever so I don't know where to start looking for solutions so it will be a proces of time to get it to work. I will have to find me someone nearby who is a crack in these schematics (because there is no schematic!) and could help me out...
I will post the endresult when I get there, for sure, but when? I don't know...

If you want the fpd-file, I could e-mail it or so...

Attachments

• frontpanel-design-UB-FINISH.png
    frontpanel-design-UB-FINISH.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 3
Wow. This is great. Just found this thread. I have the Ultra British boards. I bought all 8 Sowter trannie's for Christmas 2019 right before the covid set in. I have the Hammond power transformer and tube sockets and most of the tubes except for the 6386's (yikers, not cheap). I was compiling my BOM for all of the passive components and the few transistors. I have not purchased a case yet but I did extensive research on that. I know I had already looked at the Bud Industries cases mentioned above and they looked promising (proper size). That's was Spring 2020 during the shutdown here in USA. I am swamped right now but I would love to build these PCB's. I never thought about using Cinemags. I bet those CM-16402 outputs are smokin'. Dana.

I am a bit confused!!! Are these CINEMAG transformers for the ALTEC 436C Compressor? Or, for the REDD47? Can you let me know?

I am interested in building the ALTEC 436C and any information/parts/schematics that you may have on this unit will be very highly appreciated. THANKS!!!

/
So sorry for the late reply!! The “ultra British 2019” project implements an amp stage based on the redd47 and a comp stage based on the 436. To hopefully answer your question, these transformers are meant to cover both the redd47 and 436. There are 8 I/O transformers in total… I’ll see what I can dig up specifically about the 436 transformer spec. I want to say cinemag did a lot of work to match these to the originally used by Altec

Back