Drip RCA BA-6A Clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundsactive

anyone else building one of these? curious as to everyone's progress on it. i have some caps and resistors coming in, but it is low on my priority list right now.

I have a board, but as you say it's quite low on the list and I haven't made one lick of progress other than going through and sorting the BOM.

I'm close on finishing up cases for this so I suppose that means I will have a few laying around and will probably end up building one or two as well.  Just need to find the time. Sound samples sound amazing.

send me an email and I can get you a pdf of the front panel.  I'm waiting for my paint color to come in for them and then I can finish them up.

Has anyone already built it?
I was planning to do it in the near future but there are some other more important things on my bench... and the interstage tx is still mystery (except sowter solution).
I was searching for the output attenuator and found Mallory T-600. It is labeled as 4W dc and 15W audio. Is this sufficient (the manual mentions 5W)? Is it stepped?
There are also different Daven ones. For the 600 Ω there are different types. Which one is the one?
What would be the best choice? Why?
Thanks for (any) the answers!

I haven't built my BA6A yet but I plan to use the mallory. It is not stepped.

I am using the Mallorys as output attenuators for two Collins 356e tube comps I just racked up and they're working fine.

The best output attenuator for this project probably depends on your criteria and budget but I can't speak from experience on any of the other options.

Here is a great thread about the interstage transformer. http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=55693.20

I am planning on using the Lundahl 1635 for the interstage but I haven't purchased it yet.

Did you ever get any doc for this ba6a? I bought the whole legacy set in 2019 and been plucking away at most of it but no info on this one
I see it's been over a decade since I posted. I have a printed copy of all of it and maybe a digital copy somewhere if you need it.

About to start back in on it. I think I have most of the parts at this point. Just need to mount the board and get some tube caps.

I have a board-set that I plan on building in the next 12 months.

I have all of the build documents saved.
Should I upload them to this thread?

Yes please!!! I built one years ago, mine needs calibration and I can't find my docs. They don't seem to be hosted anywhere.

Here are all of the DRIP docs that I have for the BA-6A.

Attachments

• ba6a-2013-manual-hires.pdf
    10 MB · Views: 9
  • ba6a-bom.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • micro_heater.pdf
    89.1 KB · Views: 1
  • BA6A_TIPS_AND_TRIX.pdf
    951.3 KB · Views: 1
Here is the original RCA BA-6A instruction manual.

Attachments

• RCA BA-6A Compressor - 4 .pdf
    12.6 MB · Views: 2
Thanks for sharing! The documents Greg provided when I bought a board a couple years ago were missing a significant number of these pages. Not sure why he would have removed them, but it’s very helpful to see the complete information.

I see it's been over a decade since I posted. I have a printed copy of all of it and maybe a digital copy somewhere if you need it.

About to start back in on it. I think I have most of the parts at this point. Just need to mount the board and get some tube caps.
Hi there i have a drip rca ba6a that my ol tech here in Australia perth has atm i acquired a nos rca ba6a meter what he needs is to be able calibrate it and fix a few issues he asked me if i could get a actual schematic and the operation / alignment procedure.
Help so far on this forum is fab im nrw to it so if i seem a bit niave at 63 i am thanx
heaps 🌬️🐔

Latest posts

Back