Dynaudio BM6A amplifier schematic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudioJohn

Does anyone have a schematic of the amplifier section of the Dynaudio BM6A studio monitor speaker?

I have one to repair - it has a distortion problem.

Dynaudio will not make diagrams available - which puts them in the same category as Behringer......

Surely not - I hear you all gasp!!!

I also have minor glitch with one BM6A. The tweeter amp (or just the protection relay?) doesn't always turn on the first try. I have to switch the speaker on and off a few times for the tweeter to turn on.

AudioJohn said:
I have one to repair...
just.sounds said:
I have the same problem...
magic_mark said:
we have about five speakers with this problem...
Kingston said:
I also have minor glitch with one BM6A.

And why nobody is taking pictures and posts them so that it eventually can be traced ?

analogguru

I'm pretty reassured, I have the saturation problem on one of the pair, and the tweeter problem on the other one ! I though I might have over-used them. I sent 'em to be repaired at thomann two weeks ago (happily they're still on garanty...)

First read AG post.

First visual inspection burned part, bulging caps, broken leads/wires...
Any bad smell like a leaking cap or burned part
Reseat all plug connectors to renew the contact area, vibration and contacts are not a good mix.

One of the first things I look at with a system with a speaker and a PCB amp(s)(guitar/bass amps powered speakers etc) are the solder connections at the PCB at the devices that have the most mass(power supply caps inductors etc).  Mass and vibration can stress and cause the connection to fail or be intermittent.  Also look at the PBC traces for breaks look around the middle on the most unsupported area that area often flexes the most.

After that look at the circuit and check if it is from a companies parts app.  Say it is a IC based one look up the IC and find the app note.  The circuit might be right from the app note or very close.

Then you can start testing devices with meters and checking the circuit with a DMM and a scope etc.

Standard troubleshooting stuff

Tungstengruvsten said:
Dynaudio doesn't give out schematics/service manuals now that they are part of TC Electronics - but if the tweeter is turning on after a couple power cycles it is definitely the HF relay...

figures, but I just wanted to verify other possibilities. It's a DPDT relay so I thought it a bit odd only one side fails. I guess it happens.

I opened it now. I never realised there were so many opamps!

I had a blown cap, a bad resistor and a bad diode.

Now, does anybody have the service manual for the BM15a?
I have a couple of those with different issues.

Thanks.

Hi. I have a pair of BM6A MK-I which seems to have two different "known" issues (which I read about other having with these models).

First issue is some kind of "fart" noise which is heard sometimes at high levels. I first noticed it when I tested the pair at the seller's place. At a very high level one of them made some kind of fart/low buzz noise while the other had that as well but not as much as the first one..  I then went to the seller's place again to test them again and this time there was no farting noises at all so I bought them.

Had a couple of days of intensive mixing with them and they worked perfectly, until at some point one of them started to sound very faint and I noticed that the tweeter has stopped working on it, which it got back working after a short minute...

I assume this one must be the HF relay mentioned here, but does anyone knows the part number or what relay I should use as replacement ? Had anyone managed to get a schematics for BM6A ?

Thanks !

I know this is an old post but, has anyone ever found a schematic for these? It's lame they are not made available. I have a pair that needs work. On one the tweeter is constantly cutting out, then popping back on, and it has the woofer "chuff" noise. The other has the tweeter that cuts in and out only less frequently.

I hope you people don't mind for me resurrecting this thread even though it's about BM6A and I have BM12A, but there aren't any other threads I could find. I might consider making a new thread and call it somethign more universal like "broken Dynaudio BM speakers repairing". I found an interesting thread about repairing BM6A speakers on Gearspace. This thread in comparison never took off actually. What happened? Have you repaired your speakers? How?

I have a problem with my BM12A speaker. The woofer just stopped working. I never listen to really loud, but hey they are 10 years old so I've been thinking something had to break at some point. Capacitors must be worn out at this point and other parts are breaking due to bad caps. Interesting that if I boost the volume it starts to work somewhat, but it would be really loud if I let it. Much too loud. I'm inclined to think it could be that one or more of the MOSFETs are dead or mostly dead.

Any thoughts? I contacted Dynaudio hq with a request for help and service manual but I don't have any hopes they're gonna help or even say anything helpful.

Cheers!

Would you happen to have the schematics for the "BM-15A"??? Those are what I have in my audio production studio.

THANKS!!!

/

https://www.google.com/search?q=bm15a+schematic&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
First result that shows up for me is:

https://service-tcgroup.tcelectronic.com/files/tech_service/dynaudio/bm15a/bm15a-service-manual.pdf
PS: With a bit of clever google-fu, this might be a more-or-less complete list of the service stuff available still on TC Electronics' servers, for Dynaudio stuff:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dyn...CMjSYAQCgAQKgAQHIAQHAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Latest posts

Back