E-Cig waste

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I guess were more or less all used to people around us puffing out plumes of vaped nicotine from E-cigs ,
the latest craze here now is the dissposible e-cig ,
I had a buddy save one for me after it was used up so I could break it open and have a look inside .
It contains a small li-on cell which could easily be recharged and used again many times , it also has a preasure sensor which detects the user inhaling and energises the heating element , it looks much like a small electret condenser capsule , it has three terminals, battery +/- and the connection to the heater . Many of these things end up thrown either on the street or in public dustbins , theres an obvious issue , the fire hazzard if the lithium cell is ruptured , it burns like white phosphorous , I think its only a matter of time before one of these devices causes serious damage to property or even loss of life .

With rechargeable vapes theres always the chance of a malfunction in the charge circuit which could be very dangerous for li-po cells , even the disposable non rechargeable vapes are encased in aluminium for safety .
If the heating element fails short it could easily cause the battery to over heat .
Its probably unlikely but imagine if the mouth piece and air inlet hole became blocked on a hot disposable vape,
as it cools it could easily create enough of a vacuum that it switches back on when unattended or in someones pocket , I might test that theory in a safe way to see if self destruction could misshappen under normal usage.

The other unknown about vaping is what does nichrome or other resistance wire particulates do if they get down into the lungs or digestive tract , nothing good thats for sure . As usual we've allowed a multibillion dollar industry to grow long before the health implications are fully known by the dog in the street at least. I firmly believe the powers that be are offering us all enough bad choices in terms of food ,drink, medications and the various illicit substances on offer , Call It population control with built in plausible deniAbillity .
Here in Ireland the present government doubled the off sales price of the 'Working mans pint' ,hard cider , now many of my pals who used start the day with a 6 pack of scrumpy dont have the cash and go direct for the hard liquor breakfeast instead as it works out better bang for their buck , its helping alcoholics alright , not to get better but to die quicker and give back more of their social welfare payments in tax .

I think I read a study once that showed that immunomodulation was actually more pronounced with vaping than with actual cigarettes for some reason.

Best to abstain from tabacco products and nicotine. Even the consumption of pure nicotine is detrimental to the cardiovascular system.

Disposable anything with batteries should simply be banned IMO.

Latest posts

Back