EAB VE12 Tube Preamp Dual Power Supply Question????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 10cents.
Redrew the VE12 schematic into a more clear look.
I've emulated bax eq. There is no information about the potentiometers value and lin/log curves. With 500KB eq looks flat, but gains are much more then labeled 9dB.

Attachments

• VE12_SCH redrawn.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • filter emul.png
    filter emul.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 0
Bax wants to be driven from a relatively low source impedance, trimmer RVT1 at 100K is too big imo

/Jakob E.
RVT1 is a mistake. Fixed.
VE12 as a console channel have a 100K pot, looks like a "send" pot on the original schematic. I tried to redraw the sch in the version of a preamp only without anything superfluous.
If anyone has any thoughts about input transformer, suitable output cascade and eq potentiometer values - you are welcome. From my side, I can simulate the circuit.

Attachments

• VE12_SCH redrawn.jpg
    VE12_SCH redrawn.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure but I think I once saw something of a 1:18 ratio for the input transformer.
Or at least this was the ratio of the transformers used in the EAB MV63 preamp and EAB V65 small mixer preamps.

EDIT: yes, just saw the designation of the input transformer used in the VE12. It's EÜ1/V65. The same as in the MV63 and EAB V65 units and these have definatelly 1:18.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I once saw something of a 1:18 ratio for the input transformer.
Or at least this was the ratio of the transformers used in the EAB MV63 preamp and EAB V65 small mixer preamps.

EDIT: yes, just saw the designation of the input transformer used in the VE12. It's EÜ1/V65. The same as in the MV63 and EAB V65 units and these have definatelly 1:18.
1:18 transformer ratio. Mind blowing! 25dB of gain just from the transformer.

Latest posts

Back