Eagle Lib for Alps mixer style pushbutton switches?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

substitute

I'm looking for an eagle library for Alps SPUN switches. You know, the pushbutton switches that are in like practically every single mixer/console, but I'm coming up empty. Seems like it's gotta be out there.

This is the part I'm talking about...
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALPS/SPUN191400?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvxtGF7dlGNpjiK57Z41phvVwfoMjW8SmU%3D

I noticed there's this ECAD pcb symbol that can be downloaded, but I'm really confused about how to get that into eagle. Seems like there's some sort of utility application but it only works on PC (I'm on a mac)

The obvious thing is to just make the library myself but this style switch is so common I feel like it's gotta be out there already.

Any advice?

Try looking for shadow switch lib. I think that's what they are called. F2uee? I think that is another. I'd have to open it up and see but I use them all the time. Maybe try searching the forum for Harpo lib. Regardless it has some very valuable footprints in it.

substitute said:
The obvious thing is to just make the library myself but this style switch is so common I feel like it's gotta be out there already.

Any advice?
You should; it takes anly a couple minutes and you know you can make it exactly how you want it, placing the reference point exactly where you want it and make the pads exactly how to make your PCB fab happy.

substitute said:
I noticed there's this ECAD pcb symbol that can be downloaded, but I'm really confused about how to get that into eagle. Seems like there's some sort of utility application but it only works on PC (I'm on a mac)

I did it for you.
Also, there is a library on Eagle site which contains few push buttons.
http://eagle.autodesk.com/eagle/libraries?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q%5Btitle_or_author_or_description_cont%5D=toneluck&button=

Attachments

• spun.lbr
    8.8 KB · Views: 33
Back