EDCOR stop shipping to EU and UK

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpie

From their facebook page...

A while back EDCOR had to stop shipping to the UK. This was due to new VAT rules. We currently do not have the time to comply with the rules. When our staff is not on a phone, they are hard at work on the production line building transformers for our customers. Now, the EU has issued the same kind of VAT rules. Maybe in the future we can look at this issue, but for now, EDCOR will no longer be shipping to countries in the EU.

Thanks, I did not know that the EU is also changing the VAT rules on imported goods like the UK did.
It seems to be primarily directed at the major online platforms which have been sidestepping taxes.

Even the 22Euro VAT free rule seems to be for the chop. There are different VAT rates in EU member states, so it will be fun. For small scale suppliers it is not cost efficient and totally understandable if they prefer not to sell to what used to me called the common market.

There will be savings for the EU Customs teams, but will these be passed on to the EU consumers?
Consumers will have to pay for the extra overheads at the supplier end too. Bad taste.

12afael said:
I have never deal with Don-audio but they are not a distribuitor or something in europe?

Don audio is sold out on certain types such as 15k/600r. This has been the case for a long time. I have not talked to them on the phone but they also seem to be affected.

tony hunt said:
Thanks, I did not know that the EU is also changing the VAT rules on imported goods like the UK did.
It seems to be primarily directed at the major online platforms which have been sidestepping taxes.

Even the 22Euro VAT free rule seems to be for the chop. There are different VAT rates in EU member states, so it will be fun. For small scale suppliers it is not cost efficient and totally understandable if they prefer not to sell to what used to me called the common market.

There will be savings for the EU Customs teams, but will these be passed on to the EU consumers?
Consumers will have to pay for the extra overheads at the supplier end too. Bad taste.

Do you have any more details about the new rules?

For example, would you have to pay VAT if it's a B2B transaction between two EU countries?

AFAIK, at the moment there's zero VAT for B2B transactions.

gyraf said:
..we still don't use VAT when trading between EU-VAT-registred companies..

Yes I know. Maybe I wasn't clear but my question was whether this will change after July 21.

[silent:arts] said:
Up to now I only heard from FedEx about it.
Änderungen der EU-Umsatzsteuerregelungen
(sorry, can't find it in englisch right now)

English version:
Changes to EU VAT rules

+1 Thanks.
That Fed Ex explanation makes much more sense to a native English speaker than the official EU website.

The new rules from 1st July are for "B2C", or business-to-consumer in the Queen's English.

Latest posts

Back