EIZZ Stepped Attenuators

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
No longer in NY and below the Mason Dixon line.
I have seen a few quick references to these in searches here, but that's it.

A guy I follow on Youtube named XrayTonyB mentioned these in his latest video. He does vintage home Hifi restorations and stuff like that. He's working on a Pioneer Spec-1 Preamp, and it had a damaged 4-gang pot for the volume control, so he replaced it with one from this company. I'm linking to this reseller for no particular reason other than it came up first in a quick search I did.

Anyway, these comes in lots of values, gangs, and configs, and seem to be very high quality. They seem to be sold in a lot of places and would class up some builds if you don't mind the price.

https://www.goodcomponent.com/products/eizz-series/potentiometers/eizz-high-end-precision-24-step-stereo-log-attenuator-volume-potentiometer-hifi-audio-diy-gdpr001-1252.html

Does someone happen to know the turn angle for the EIZZ 24p attenuator? Is it 360° or maybe less?

The Uraltone had 15° per step IIRC

thanks

1621161089383.png

Looks like EIZZ no longer exists. Their domain name is up for auction at Go Daddy auctions for $10,000. Lots of Chinese clones around but no idea how good they might be.

Cheers

Ian

Looks like EIZZ no longer exists. Their domain name is up for auction at Go Daddy auctions for $10,000. Lots of Chinese clones around but no idea how good they might be.

Looks like it exists (EIZZ website) but not much info about attenuators. Lots of them on Ebay and amazon though.

PS: Is anyone else annoyed by how XenForo is converting links to the title of the page and you can't set the text explicitly to the link?

Here is a link to my website using an arbitrary string: any old string

Yeah but you can't use the actual link like htt...whatev.

I really detest software that tries to "help" me somehow when in reality it's just hiding important information. For example, many email clients don't show you the actually email address. Like I have every person's name memorized? I want to see the domain name so that I know what company the customer is from.

When linking, the default text should be the actual link (maybe if it's really long it gets abbreviated a little by replacing stuff between the domain and the end with ellipsis - ok). Currently, if you do not supply text or if you supply the actual link as the text, it literally queries the link and uses the page title as the link text which is frequently uninformative or confusing.

Cheers

Ian

Yes they still exist. Just got two stereo attenuators for 40usd each on aliexpress, I think that's okay. They "look" more promising than the cheap china attenuators one can find on Ebay. But there are indeed some clones circulating on Ebay (which cost equally btw). Have a different color though.

Back