Elam 251 With a 6S6B-V

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I used with a CV3930 (5718). It sounds very much like my version with the "E" schematic.

Note that there are two main changes from the "E" version, the output capacitor value lowered to 1.6 μF and the grid resistor lowered to 8 MΩ.

The only change I made was to use a pair of diodes bypassed with a small film cap to bias the cathode. If you use a cathode resistor then you will need to adjust it for your tube.

8M is probably way too low. You will lose low end. 1.6-2.2K works fine as cathode resistor. 6s6b is mot as bright as AC701 so I dont think you need 100pF between plate and ground.

6s6b works fine in circuits with ac701 with minor ajustments but it does not sound like ac701.

I would like to make a very simple cardioide microphone for singer. I'm looking for schematics that are really simple like this one Cheap 251 Using Russian 6S6B-V valve and other leftovers. Noisy results!. Unfortunatly this one didn't workout. I'm not trying to make the real original . Thank you I'm looking for a simple cadioide schematic Elam or C12. If its possible to put a switch in the mic to make a omni that would a + .Thank you

Back