EQN build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry girls, but I couldn't NOT share.
Skylar has rendered up a front panel with some custom knobs.... and I had to knock one out.

lazeqn.jpg

Children.... Daddy has sent all the parcels, but if you're an ealy recipient.... The small resistors and toggle switches go on the underside.

Play nicely

Just a guess he is talking about the resistors that are shown in the outline of the greyhill switches. If you mount them on the top side the switch is a no go. Same thing with the toggle switches if you want them to fit in there place out front.

canidoit said:
Were we meant to get some small resistors?
No.... resistors are down to you.
Are the rocker switches, the two little switches in the kit you sent?
Oh dear...I have an awful feeling.
On your BOM, if it does not have the voltage or wattage written on the components, what are the recommended minimum. Like on some of the capacitors, it does not state the voltage size and the resistors does not state the wattage.
1/4 watt unless specified for the resistors. Power caps need to be 25v minimum.
Will there be any wiring or special style of build process involved in this build? I can see that the 3 little pots are wired from one of your pics. How is the wiring on this build?
I'll stick up some diagrams...don't panic.
Can you please post up an eagle eye view top and bottom, nice and close and clear of the final finished build for visual reference.
Ahhh....That's how I started too.
Will this unit need to be calibrated in some way like the 1176?
It will
Here is a pic of my kit that I received. Anyone notice anything missing on it?
Jayzus Manny.... Check the thread in the white market. The kit contents are noted.

Small amp details.

QI BC184C
Q2 BC184C
Q3 BC184C
C1 10UF TANT
C2 22UF TANT
C3 47PF COG/NPO CAN BE LEFT OUT
C4 470PF COG/NPO
C5 680PF COG/NPO
C6 1NF COG/NPO
C7 22UF TANT
C8 68UF/10V
R1 27K
R2 3K3
R3 39K
R4 3K6
R5 180K
R6 120K
R7 820R
R8 180K
R9 3K9
R10 100K

ampol.jpg

*SYMBOL DENOTES NOT NEEDED FOR 51X
**SYMBOL DENOTES SUPPLIED WITH KIT

Right there at the top of the BOM.

Get your chit together Manny..!!

btw.. you'll notice that the potentiometer holes in the faceplate are counter bored. This is so that you fix the pots to the shelf and the nuts are hidden.

I put together a partial kit which contains the film capacitors ...... they are mostly Wimas.... but there are a couple which I could not get at short notice so I have used the Dubilier ones which we stock anyway ..... 1n5 and 15nF..... the 15nF's are only 5mm pitch so a bit of "leg extension" will be needed.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

canidoit said:
I am missing these 8X .8MM SOCKETS FOR CC-6** * in my kit by the looks of it.

I can see them in your pic. They have to be removed from the strip.
But they're not needed if you're a 51x boy.

socket.jpg

All the 4M7 mini resistors should have their legs cut so as to not protrude through the top surface.
Solder them on the underside.

minires.jpg

mr.jpg

peter purpose said:
What the fuck are you on about? It's at the bottom.
I for one am quite offended by such language Peter. I actually think I want my money back for these 1084's.  ???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just kidding. I rather like when you talk dirty!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BTW, can we track that tortoise??

Cheerio, Jeff  ;D

To come to his defense, canidoit asks alot of unneccessary questions imo, which i feel can get annoying for some, distracting and shows certain amounts of disrespect. Whether he/she's aware of this or not. Canidoit needs to start screening their questions as to whether they are necessary/valid or not, imo...and start reasearching common sense information beforehand. Better judgement. There comes a point when this type of information starts to take away from a thread, and as i suggested, can be distracting or even misleading.

A star is useful when swearing. ie: F*ck.  (burp)
Back to my gin and tonic. Cheers all...and no disrespect to anyone.

Back