EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylar

EQU47 Microphone Body Third Production is Complete

We are estimating to open orders for the EQU47 mic body on January 19th

Q47-D capsules are still available.

When the mic bodies become available, we will be running a special discounted promotion on dual mic body + matched pair combos until we run out of capsules!
AND each mic body you order on January 19th–20th 2013 will come with a free female Binder connector.

Visit our website at:
http://equinoxsystems.net

Thanks again for everyone’s support.

For those who haven’t a clue what the EQU47 is and have several hours to waste, give the development thread a good read.

EQU47 Order Details

Orders can be placed through our web store, http://equinoxsystems.net once we have all units in stock. No pre-orders this time around!

• When the webstore is re-opened, your orders will be shipped in 5–10 business days.

• In addition, we plan to have spare parts available for purchase (headbaskets, body tubes, end caps, etc.).

Those of you wanting to order the Binder 691 Female Connector will need to do so directly from Binder.

For a limited time, those of you planning to purchase mic bodies that have difficulty acquiring the Binder Female Connector, Eric has offered to ship your Binder 691 7-Pin Female connector with your mic body shipment if you order direct from Binder-USA and have the part shipped to his US address.
Contact [email protected] if you would like to make this special arrangement.

• No quantity limits!

• We will post information to this thread as updates becomes available. Additionally, sign up to our mailing list at http://equinoxsystems.net/contact to be notified of any updates via email.

There is no reservation list. It will be first come, first served.

• Pricing will be announced on January 19th webstore launch with special quantity discounts available. The kit includes:
1 x polished nickel headbasket
1 x aluminum body tube
1 x aluminum end cap
1 x 7-pin male Binder connector insert
1 x custom aluminum insert nut
2 x nickel-plated steel internal rails
1 x nickel-plated steel capsule mounting disc
1 x injection-molded thermoplastic capsule mount plate
1 x screw pack

• Please help me help you by asking any and all questions here.

Wow, can't believe were almost there 8) I'm not sure if I'm on the original list or if this is the line-up but I want at least 1 of these if not 2.Looks real sharp man!  congrats :)

So are the spots reserved for those who participated in the feeler...or is it gonna be first come first serve?
200 should be more than enough for everyone...but just wondering.

Also wondering if anything happened with the power supply cases?

Not sure if im missing something obvious, but is there a price on these very very sexy things yet?

Congratulations on all your hard work. I cant believe how well you have done.

200 wont even cover the first day

Reading the development thread, that's my thought too.  I'm guessing there are many people like me who didn't post on that thread and are interested in purchasing one or two.  Skylar, any chance of limiting the presale to two per customer?  It is very likely that at least 100 people will be interested.

This thing looks AMAZING! I'm definitely going for one and hopefully stuffed with one of Lukas' beautiful PCBs...

• There is no reservation list. It will be first come, first served.

• The price is $200 which includes:

1 x polished nickel headbasket
1 x anodized aluminum body tube
1 x anodized aluminum end cap
1 x 7-pin male Binder connector insert
1 x custom aluminum insert nut
2 x nickel-plated brass internal rails
1 x nickel-plated steel capsule mounting disc
1 x injection-molded polycarbonate capsule mount plate
1 x screw pack

• No power supply case right now. Maybe in the near future.

• I'm going to re-iterate: If the demand exceeds 200, you can still place your order, and the factory is going to add those quantities
to their final production numbers. So I guess I should say, there will be at least 200 mic bodies produced, but likely more.
Once we reach 200 that doesn't mean that you're not going to get one!
It just means that there might be a delay for you to get yours...anywhere from a week to a month.
Another way to put it is the first 200 units will be delivered sooner than unit #201 and higher.

Hi Skylar,

Great Job,

Any thoughts about making a shockmount?

What shockmount do you use for the mic in the pic?

- Frederik

Shockmount was already bought in a group buy months ago.

where do we pay?  In the other thread you had mentioned the female binder connector might also be made available? Still planning to? If not can you repost the correct model please?

The shockmount pictured was indeed from a group buy quite a while back organized by RIMSHOT and distributed regionally by several other members.
Though over 200 shockmounts were purchased, I anticipate that there will be further demand.
This is a non-standard shockmount size in that it's not an off-the-shelf part for the Chinese mass-producers.
I'm looking into this, but it would be nice to have some kind of feel for what the demand is.

Where to pay? See the first post in bold type...
Skylar said:
Pre-orders will be placed through our web store, which is planned to launch the week of July 28 2010.
Our web store accepts payments via Paypal.
The female cable-mount binder connector (pictured in the first post) will be available in our web store for $20 ($7.23 cheaper than what it costs from binder).

If you tap the tube just by itself (as above) with a pen, it resonates at roughly 1kHz.
BUT, once the body is fully assembled there is no resonance even without a circuit or parts inside...all you hear is the click of the pen.

Yeah, I'd definitely want to order a shock mount if they should become available again somewhere down the line.

Skylar said:
once the body is fully assembled there is no resonance even without a circuit or parts inside...all you hear is the click of the pen.

good to hear!  :)

another question: does anyone know if max's (ioaudio) older "MK7" circuit boards will fit in these bodies? i'm pretty sure they will, they seem to be quite a bit smaller than these bodies - i guess you'd need to make a mounting bracket though.

Yes, the MK7 will fit.
You will need to fashion a mounting bracket of some sort.

Now, this is an older body pictured, but it will work just as well with the new bodies.

Back