EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
micaddict said:
beesneez and AMI do cost quite a bit more.

AMI, yes (not saying it's not worth it).
BeesNeez, in all fairness, not so much. It's 399,- including heavy, gunmetal sleeve, finished in color of your choice.

Mostly true. I think the custom finish is a little extra. Lots of options out there. I guess this calls for a vernal equinox promotion later this month (or autumnal for those of you south of the equator) :)
More details to come.

Majestic12 said:
I recieved mine two weeks ago, but I'm not really satisfied with the quality. One of the two rails was twisted and everything else than straight.
The nickle plating on the rails and capsule holder plate has corrosion marks.
I'll post some pictures of it.

Majestic 12, have you had any luck with your rails?

I'm here to make sure you guys have the best possible experience with equinox and the products, so let me know if there are issues that you feel need to be addressed. I think this type of discussion is helpful in making incremental product improvements for future productions, so keep the hits coming folks 8)

As the 2013 March equinox approaches, we're offering some limited promotions to acknowledge this day of balance! If you are not signed up to our mailing list, I recommend you do so to have promotions like this mailed directly to you.

1. EQU47 mic body + Q47-D capsule for $399

If you're thinking about adding more DIY mics to your collection, you can add a Q47-D capsule to an EQU47 order for only 100 dollars through the end of March 2013. Just go to the EQU47 product page here http://equinoxsystems.net/store/equ47/and select "Q47-D +$100" from the drop down menu.

We're proud of our Q47-D capsule, and we'd like more people to give it a shot. We only get positive feedback from those who have tried it. The Q47-D is simply not in the same league as other chinese capsules and rivals those at much higher prices. It has a surprisingly smooth, detailed response without the sibilance often associated with chinese capsules. Beyond this, the inset screws, brass ring, beautiful packaging, serialized top plate, and included isoQ capsule mount makes the Q47-D an incredible value when paired with our EQU47 mic body at this price. We encourage you to pick one up and hear for yourself! Limited quantity of two per order.

2. Equinox Loyalty Promotion, $50 dollar value

If you have purchased any order over $199 dollars from us in the past, just send a mail to [email protected] and type the paypal email you used to make your last purchase into the subject line or body text. We will validate and reply within 24 hours with a special promo code you can apply at checkout that will knock 50 dollars off any order you place before 4/20/2013!

Those of you who have been there from the beginning and continue to purchase products from us sincerely deserve a pat on the back. You've been patient, provided helpful feedback, and have helped us learn about something we are truly passionate about, great sounding microphones. We want to encourage you to keep an eye on equinox as our offerings evolve. We have some very exciting plans for the future.

This offer can only be redeemed for a SINGLE use and will not be accepted if the order does not come from YOUR paypal, so don't post the code and share. If the code is used beyond these terms the order will be refunded and will not ship.

Cheers, and thanks for supporting equinox!

Latest posts

Back