• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

EU group buy Urei style knobs for 1176/1178 builds

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zebra_PD

Hi!
Have been in contact with Omty/Omter in China regarding buying urei 1176/1178 style knobs directly from them.
The price is really low per piece but there is a minimum order, TT fee, import charge and postage as well.

Images and specs of the knobs:
Large urei knobs
Small urei knobs

KYP42-20-6.4 EXW unit price:2USD/PC MOQ:50PCS
KYP18-18-6.4 EXW unit price:1USD/PC MOQ:50PCS
TT via bank charge:40USD/order

The minimum order is 50 pcs for each type as seen above.

So I thought about organizing a EU group buy. For a total of 100 pcs the price would end up around 2€ for the small ones and 4€ for the larger ones if my math is somewhat correct and the shipping from China is not super expensive for some reason. I have sent a reply asking for exact shipping cost and will post an update on that.

Shipping from me to you will prob be around 10€ per order with stamps n packaging. Payment to me through bank transfer to keep the cost down is prefered but open to use paypal as well if buyer pays fees.

Im not in real hurry to order but to not prolong it I would like make the order within a month if we are able to fill the group buy so final day to order would be 8th of April 2022.
If there only a handful missing I can still make the order n sell the remaining later here or on evilbay. In that case I will make seperate sell thread about it together with some original UREI parts I am planing to sell later this spring(so kindly don´t ask about remaining knobs in this thread after 8th of april...).

Feel free to comment in the thread if you are interested to keep the thread floating on the forum but for simplicity all orders will be made to a special email I have set up:

ureiknobs(a)zebrastudios.se
(Zebra Studios is one of my companies)

Let me know how many of each type you want to order as well as your name, phone number and address and I will send payment info after the group buy have ended with your final cost including shipping

Kind regards Pierre

Hey this is great! Thank you for your effort Pierre!
I'd be in for... not sure yet but I'm leaning toward 10pcs+10pcs

The shipping cost from china to sweden for 100 pcs is 50 USD. There might be possible to lower the TT fee by using a Alibaba account to 6USD. I will look into that. So the total cost for 100 pcs would be 200 USD plus 50 USD in shipping and 6 USD money fee. A total of 256 USD or 233€.

The import fee would be 55€ and sometimes the custom service add an extra 8 € for small packages if the sender forgets to add my VAT number on the package. So that sums up the total cost in € to either 289€ or 297€. That will put the price per pcs to 1,98€ and 2,96€.

If everyone is OK with padded envelopes as packaging I think I might be able get the shipping cost from sweden down to about 8€ for a small envelope and about 10€ for a larger envelope.

But for simplicity I suggest that we stick with the 2 € and 4 € price and 10 € shipping cost from Sweden for everyone. Would that be OK?

If we met the minimum amount and it will be a small "profit"of some sort I will donate all of that to the forum :)

Hi!

About 2 more weeks to participate on the group by. The orders are filling up so looking like I will be able to make the order by 8th of April!

Just a friendly reminder that it’s just one week left to participate in the group buy.

Btw gotten enough people to complete the order so that’s really fun!

If I have forgotten to reply to your email yet, don’t worry everyone that have sent an email by 8th of April will get their knobs at the price above :)

Hello everyone!

i just want to ask if anyone had any contact with mister zebra?
I ve red his post that we shouldnt worry not to have any answer but... i emailed and private messaged him, nothing... so yes i’m a bit « worried » as he’s supposed to get order tomorrow

Hi!
Sorry if my lack of posts or reply have made anyone worried :)
Both myself n my kids has been struck with fever the past weeks.

BUT the order of the knobs will be made tomorrow n I will be going throw the emails from all of you guys one by one after that and send you payment info.

Have enough cash so don’t need to get the money before ordering :)

Hi all!
Got confirmation today that the payment had been received and they are preparing the shipment.
Will take some time during Easter to send email to all of you that have order.

Have a great weekend :)

Hi all.

Not sure if it’s Covid-19 related or not but it’s been silent from from china about confirmation that the shipment have been sent and no package has arrived yet. They have received my payment anyway.

I have for that reason not requested any money from all of you guys yet.

I will send another email to them again today and hopefully have some good news soon.

Kind regards

Finally but a bit unexpected all the knobs arrived today without any prior info from Omty. Just laid on the porch when I got home!

They look great, same quality as the ones I have ordered from Hairball earlier. Will take some photos and post later tonight here in the thread.

So now it’s only left to send payment info to all of you guys that have order n ship it out to ya all :)

b2afc972-a618-49f5-9f3d-4d21b8fabe5d-jpeg.94639

Attachments

• B2AFC972-A618-49F5-9F3D-4D21B8FABE5D.jpeg
    B2AFC972-A618-49F5-9F3D-4D21B8FABE5D.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 228
Hi all!
Will be sending out email mails tonight to all of you that have ordered. Hopefully I will be able to send most of the packages this weekend :)

So all the knobs are sorted out and most payments are in so will be dropping the packages of tomorrow night or the day after depending on when Im able to get of work.

All extra knobs are "gone" now.

But I will try to organize another round this fall. But with all the troubles that have been with communication with the factory and shipping from China I will perhaps just buy a new batch and start a white market thread instead or even perhaps set up a small webbshop. So if you missed out on the group buy keep an eye on the WM subforum.

Anybody has some of the small knobs (attack/release) left? I'd need 12 for a stereo 1176 project...

Latest posts

Back