• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold EU : for shippingcosts : 24/48 PSU, Sugden Distortion measuring set

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helterbelter

Hello all.....

Clearing out, so, free stuff, but you pay the shipping....

untested Sugden &Co LTD set consisting of Distortion measuring unit, millivoltmeter, and oscillator. EDIT: GONE

3 units together, packed up it'll be around 15 kg, so, shipping within EU would be around 35 euro, depending on location.
I got it from a friend 9 years ago, and it was working, but I haven;t used it myself, therefore : untested. Nice knobs and switches though.

IMG_1464.JPEG

IMG_1465.JPEG
IMG_1466.JPEG

IMG_1467.JPEG

24/48v PSU
GONE

Some DIY thing I once made for powering up a few Siemens 200 series amps.
230v AC in. 24v out plus a ramped up 48v reg rail. Built from a PSU board I purchased here. Could be Peter Green PSU, or the PSU part from the LA4 DIY board, maybe the board from SSL Keith's 9k pre project, can't really recall. Comes with the cable pictured..
weight would be somewhere 2- 5kg i expect, so, would cost 20-25 euro, depending on location.

IMG_0310.JPGIMG_0312.JPG

Last edited:
Total Audio Control MIDSIDE ONE

Assembled and tested, as new condition.

For this I suggest that you read the topic made by Cemal. 500 RACK / EQ ONE , MICPRE ONE, MID-SIDE ONE by Total Audio Control | GroupDIY

It’s a top notch unit, but since I do most of my processing ITB, this is a unit that doesn’t see any use in my little homestudio anymore.

!!!!!!! Note that you need either a Total Audio Control 500 rack or an additional breakoutpanel with this unit. I will include 2 (not assembled) balancing card kits with this unit!!!!!

275 euro plus shipping/paypal fees

Bargain. Cheaper than the current kit price. Grab it.

However, just to expand on above.

The unit will work perfectly well on any 500 series rack. However, to be able to use the insert points your rack should naturally support insert send/return.

If your rack does not support insert send/return then you will require our INSERT ONE which is a single width 500 module that provides insert send/return.

Alternatively, you can drill two holes (per slot) to the rear panel, install TRS jack sockets and hard wire them to the card edge connector to provide send/return points. In which case you can install our BALANCING CARD into the MID-SIDE ONE for interfacing. I already have detailed instructions for this and I am happy to provide full support.

Aha! Thank you for your response Cemal!

So, this means that it's also possible to simply drill a few holes in a blank 500 size panel to fit a few TRS jacks, wire that to the IDC connector of the MidSide One, add the balancing card, and it's good to go ?
Never realised that, hahaha.

Hi Paul,

You are welcome. Great to hear from you. I was meaning to e-mail you.

Indeed. Two holes to the rear panel (each slot) and fit TRS jack sockets.

However, the TRS jack sockets will not connect to the 10 way IDCs on the MID-SIDE ONE, They are for connecting INSERT ONE, if used.

TRS jacks sockets are hard wired directly to the card edge connector on the rack backplane.

RETURN jack connects to PIN 3 and PIN 7,
SEND jack connects to PIN 9 and PIN 11.

We are basically utilising the unused PIN 3 and PIN 11 to create a balanced connection on the card edge connector.

Then install the BALANCING CARD inside the MID-SIDE ONE and again hard wire it to the fingers as shown in the schematic and the pictures below.

Attachments

• MID_SIDE_MOD_1.jpg
    MID_SIDE_MOD_1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 23
  • MID_SIDE_MOD_2.jpg
    MID_SIDE_MOD_2.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 21
  • MID_SIDE_MOD_3.jpg
    MID_SIDE_MOD_3.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Ah, okay... thanks!
That's surely a good option, if no one here at GDIY takes it, I might go that route, and offer the MidSide One on a dutch variant of Ebay. It actually saves me a balancing card that I can use in my Total Audio Control rack.

I hope everything's going well on your side!
Life here is pretty strange nowadays. Aside the Covid stuff I mean. some things good, some things not so good. But I'll survive ;)

Same here. It is a survival.

Use the schematics and the images for the e-bay listing. That mod also works for Midas L6 and L10 racks. In fact it was originally done for a customer in US a couple of years ago and was called Midas Mod.

Edit. Just checked Bento manual and the mod will also work with it.

Last edited:
Well.......

i don't know why. But apparently giving away stuff for FREE, is giving a sign there's NO VALUE.
The distortion meter unit isn't picked up, and gone in limbo. I refunded the shippingcosts. Must say though that Thomas didn't get a notification from the parcelservice. And today the PSU came back from sweden because it's not collected. Even though I sent a reminder the package was waiting at the parcelshop to be collected. No response. Also shippingcosts gone up for nothing.

I find this really disappointing, but it's a lesson too: NEVER give something away for free.

Let this be a warning for all of you here on this fine forum:
If you have no use for something anymore and want to give it a good purpose: Don't give it away, just sell it for a suitable price.

Last edited:
Well.......

i don't know why. But apparently giving away stuff for FREE, is giving a sign there's NO VALUE.
The distortion meter unit isn't picked up, and gone in limbo. I refunded the shippingcosts. Today the PSU came back from sweden because it's not collected. Also shippingcosts gone up for nothing.

I find this really disappointing, but it's a lesson too: NEVER give something away for free.

Let this be a warning for all of you here on this fine forum:
If you have no use for something anymore and want to give it a good purpose: Don't give it away, just sell it for a suitable price.
This really sucks, I feel sorry for you and it's really a shame for the effort and stress!
Unfortunately, I have had similar experiences, not here, but locally at my place. If something doesn't cost anything, it seems to make people disrespectful...

WTH ?!?!?.... What are the odds..... the measuring unit came back today as well... I didn't expect this at all.

I'll bring all to the dump next saturday. I should've done this in the first place.

I am very surprised you are cleaning your dirty laundry here in public.
As I told you I was never informed that the parcel was at the pickup point. No email, no text message, no message from you.
After a while when I inquired to the carrier what was going on, I was told the parcel was ready for pickup but I fact it had already been sent back.
This is a major hickup in which I am willing to take some responsability but please do not go and tell I was disrespectful to you or to the kind gesture you made when giving away this hardware lab equipment.
Without consulting me you refunding shipping, and I even told you I’d still want to pay for it and you insisted that I don’t.

If it makes you feel more at peace I am willing to pay twice for the shipping and you can sent it over again.
On my side I filed 2 complaints to the carrier and to this day they are both ignored. Let’s not bark at the wrong tree here. Everyone I’ve been doing business / trade or giveaway with on the forum knows I’m a standup guy.

I am sorry this operation didn’t go as planned and I thank you again for your kind generosity.
The truth is that carrier services at least here in France and Europe are going down the drain, more and more expensive and less and less customer service... they are the disrespectful ones in this story.

Regards

Thomas

I am very surprised you are cleaning your dirty laundry here in public.
As I told you I was never informed that the parcel was at the pickup point. No email, no text message, no message from you.
After a while when I inquired to the carrier what was going on, I was told the parcel was ready for pickup but I fact it had already been sent back.
This is a major hickup in which I am willing to take some responsability but please do not go and tell I was disrespectful to you or to the kind gesture you made when giving away this hardware lab equipment.
Without consulting me you refunding shipping, and I even told you I’d still want to pay for it and you insisted that I don’t.

If it makes you feel more at peace I am willing to pay twice for the shipping and you can sent it over again.
On my side I filed 2 complaints to the carrier and to this day they are both ignored. Let’s not bark at the wrong tree here. Everyone I’ve been doing business / trade or giveaway with on the forum knows I’m a standup guy.

I am sorry this operation didn’t go as planned and I thank you again for your kind generosity.
The truth is that carrier services at least here in France and Europe are going down the drain, more and more expensive and less and less customer service... they are the disrespectful ones in this story.

Regards

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

You're right, and after I spilled the beans I felt wrong, and I wanted to delete the thread, didn't see that option though. I did mention you didn't get the notification from the parcelcarrier in my post.
I was a bit frustrated, and it surely isn't a right way to channel it. My apologies.

And yes, postal services suck bigtime. Not only in France, here in the Netherlands it's sucky too. I don't get updates either, I just have to check the trackinglink myself from time to time, that I also always send to the receiver right after sending out the parcel.

Once again, my apologies.

No need for apologies :)
I am still interested in paying double shipping if you want to give a 2nd shot at all of this. Needless to say I'll watch the tracking closely haha.
Anyways, I wish this bump in the road won't stop forum members and even you from acting generously in the future :)
Things have a value and when they are given for free I think they are even more valuable :)

Latest posts

Back