Euphonix Cs 3000 analog console ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2d2

hello

never had a chance to "play" a bit with a Euphonix Cs 3000 console

it is really analog ?

somebody know how it sound  , compared wih ssl , neve , etc.. ?

thanks in advance

peace
R.

We had a CS3000 for several years.  Yes, it's analog, all in a large rack.  The desk is a control surface.  In the years we had it, it never broke.
We used it for production, not music, but it was quiet, and the mic preamps were fine for voice.  Didn't really like the EQ, but it was OK for our purposes.
I still have a full set of the software if you need it.
Best,
Bruno2000

Thnks for info Brunoi2000
then the cs 3000 is controlled from remote control surface ?
(that showed in all images about )

no channels strips  with preamps , eqs , compressors , auxes , and all the "rest" ?

have you some audio sample about how it sound ?

more thanks!
R.

bruno2000 said:
We had a CS3000 for several years.  Yes, it's analog, all in a large rack.  The desk is a control surface.  In the years we had it, it never broke.
We used it for production, not music, but it was quiet, and the mic preamps were fine for voice.  Didn't really like the EQ, but it was OK for our purposes.
I still have a full set of the software if you need it.
Best,
Bruno2000

don't have samples of it, but i used one for several years....

not a very open sound, but ok. 

i fawkin'  LOVE  the automation on those things.

best i have used as console automation goes, so much of the board is automated
the possibilities far exceed any other analog console i have seen.

those things have a very steep learning curve...you will have to sit with the book at the console for an hour or two
just to learn how to route signal through it.  several more days to get to a zen state of operation.

NOT a board for outside engineers.  once yer guys learn it, it's easy...and cool.

once you learn the automation, it can be great to mix on.  i don't think of it a tracking console...but i am spoiled, and no ned
to go into that.

what do you need the most from your console?

It was actually one of the best automated analog consoles ever produced. Very intuitive learning curve as well. The only thing I remember people not liking it for was spoken word work. It just didn't have that immediacy that spoken word work demands.  Was actually looked at for broadcast work by a lot of people when it came out. The company I work for went with Sony Digital consoles instead.

Latest posts

Back