Eventide H3000SE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobocop

Greetings, I’m going crazy with a friend’s Eventide H3000SE. Fixed the usual short circuit on the +/-15Volts power supply lines (due to two tantalum capacitors), now it would seem to work properly, but actually when you try to load the parameters of the standard effects, the display after an attempt to load, shows "algorithm missing", I downloaded the file . bin of the diagnosis program and I stored it in an eeprom, run one by one all tests, the only ones showing errors are the one numbered from #39 to #48. Can anyone suggest me where to look ?
Thank you in advance.
-Roberto-

Attachments

• Check.JPG
    Check.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 1648118325439.png
    1648118325439.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1648118325457.png
    1648118325457.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1648118325470.png
    1648118325470.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1648118325483.png
    1648118325483.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 10
Have you tried a new set of actual OS eproms? Or even re-seating the OS eproms you've got? I think I got this error message when one of the OS eproms wasn't properly seated.

Have you tried a new set of actual OS eproms? Or even re-seating the OS eproms you've got? I think I got this error message when one of the OS eproms wasn't properly seated.
Thanks for the answer, the defect has manifested itself as the harmonizer has revived after resolved the short circuits, in the attempt to resolve and as suggested in other related posts about H3000 series, I tried everything (extracted all the ic's from the plinth and cleaned the pins, paying attention in reassembling them, nothing to do, the defect remained identical)
I have a TL866A programmer and successfully compared the three Eventide eeprom with the three files. BIN release 2.16 OS and applications (taken on the web), I can attenuate the input and output signals, change the display contrast, navigate the presets from 500 to 699, all soft keys clean and working, keypad OK, rotary knob OK, Bypass button and related led OK, but when I try to load the parameters the message does not forgive... Algorithm missing :rolleyes:

I have an original H3000S Eprom set left over from one of my H3000 upgrades. In case you need it just let me know.
Hi jensenmann, thanks for your reply, but the eproms works great (tested in a TL866A programmer, the data inside are correct), there is something that make impossible to reload the default data in to the DSP and/or memory.
As told in a previous post, checking one by one all service tests (I've found in this forum a member who released the original test.bin file from Eventide and I have programmed an Eprom and put in a free socket), the only ones showing errors are the one numbered from #39 to #48, and all have reference about the mode who the H3000, that use a 16 bit processor, manage a huge memory with the technique of pagination. I belive tha the problem tourn around the brain sheet, but where ?

Latest posts

Back