Eventide reissues the Omnipressor !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Eventide just announced an Omnipressor reissue !! Crazy !!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/rackmount/omnipressor-reissue/
It is too early to talk about its sound, but it obviously uses a SMPS, and the construction seems much cheaper than the old one... "Assembled in China", maybe to be able to keep the price "low" ... 1999USD, but you get a poster, a sticker and a guitar pick with it.

It's supposedly a 1:1 of the original schematics with I/O transformers (option back then) and backlit meter.

If they start reissuing their pitch shifters I am going to have a serious bank account problem !

Who is the actual "they" behind that brand now?

JR
I saw this and oh boy. This has promise.
I also saw a reissue of the 2290 delay from TC electronics, but in pedal form. I won’t hold my breath on the TC electronics, but the omnipressor, is a hard maybe.
As far as I know eventide is still just eventide and not under anyone.

I bought the omnipressor plug in because cost value that was good enough for me, But I have my original [ owner me! ] 2290 from the 80's and have always wanted a second to run them together!
Also regret not buying a tc 1210 in the 80's but the plug is pretty good I feel.

I bought the omnipressor plug in because cost value that was good enough for me, But I have my original [ owner me! ] 2290 from the 80's and have always wanted a second to run them together!
Also regret not buying a tc 1210 in the 80's but the plug is pretty good I feel.
If you run 2 x 2290’s together you automatically become a member of U2🤣😂

If you run 2 x 2290’s together you automatically become a member of U2🤣😂
Oh, I was afraid my head might explode [ or the universe implode ] having two panning delays but being a member of u2 maybe worse. I've long since sold my Eventide H-3000 so I can't mess with the fabric of time, I think you've saved me some money, thanks!

Latest posts

Back