EZ1084EQ NEW BATCH COMING - SEE MY MARCH 27 COMMENT ON PAGE 38

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can reach me at [email protected]

Yes I am selling but with the shortage of some parts and low interest I have not replenished my stock yet. I will be checking soon to se if I have a sufficient amount of interest to re-order. But nevertheless at some point I will be re-stocking have no fear. This is too beautiful a circuit to let die now that Mr. Rupert Neve has left us. Please contact me at the above email address. Thanks for your continued interest in this project.

Hey Jim, I sent you an email at the address in your last post, so this is somewhat redundant, but I wanted to post here expressing my interest in the project at whatever point things are back in stock! I'm in no rush, but maybe this little bump for the thread will encourage others to jump on board as well.

Im in need of some help on how to wire up the Led power switch to 2 1084 PCB. 0v and +24. The one I have wired up seems to have 0v and +24v connected together? See pic. Or am I wrong about that? And is the board even getting 0v? How do I wire up to the second board? Can I just jumper wire from the first PCB to the second PCB? Just dont wanna blow up the second PCB. ALso would be nic eto get my hands on the build guide.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1084 switch.jpg
    1084 switch.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 35
Hey Jim, I sent you an email at the address in your last post, so this is somewhat redundant, but I wanted to post here expressing my interest in the project at whatever point things are back in stock! I'm in no rush, but maybe this little bump for the thread will encourage others to jump on board as well.
Thanks for the Kuddos. If I got your email I owuld have responded with letting you know I put you on the "Alert when in stock" list. If you did not get a reply try again. If still no response post on here to alert me of problem. Thanks.

Cheers

Jim

Im in need of some help on how to wire up the Led power switch to 2 1084 PCB. 0v and +24. The one I have wired up seems to have 0v and +24v connected together? See pic. Or am I wrong about that? And is the board even getting 0v? How do I wire up to the second board? Can I just jumper wire from the first PCB to the second PCB? Just dont wanna blow up the second PCB. ALso would be nic eto get my hands on the build guide.
Thanks in advance.
I see you sent me an email as well. I'll send you the link to the Build Guide. Cheers.

Jim

Thanks in advance.
Can someone pleeeease help me out with this? I have yet to hear back from Bluzzi or get a build guide.

Can someone pleeeease help me out with this? I have yet to hear back from Bluzzi or get a build guide.
Sent you email with link on April 9th to the address you emailed me on (gmail). Check your junk mail maybe. Let me know if you still don't have. I'll resend right now again.

OK sent out. Let me know when you get it. Also the switch wiring looks good. What are you having problem with? The 0v goes directly to the connector as you show. The +24v goes to switch then back to +24v side of connector. I notice you have a ground wire. Are you using a 4 pin XLR type where the power comes in? The pins don't seem to correlate to what the Build Guide says to do.

Let me know if you get the build guide. If you need help after that I can call you.

Last edited:
Is Jim Bluzzi still selling pcb's. If so what is the best way to contact him
Is Jim Bluzzi still selling pcb's. If so what is the best way to contact him
Sent you email with link on April 9th to the address you emailed me on (gmail). Check your junk mail maybe. Let me know if you still don't have. I'll resend right now again.

OK sent out. Let me know when you get it. Also the switch wiring looks good. What are you having problem with? The 0v goes directly to the connector as you show. The +24v goes to switch then back to +24v side of connector. I notice you have a ground wire. Are you using a 4 pin XLR type where the power comes in? The pins don't seem to correlate to what the Build Guide says to do.

Let me know if you get the build guide. If you need help after that I can call you.
Did Jim get back to you? I've been trying too he's MIA

Greetings everyone!

After years and the nasty personal and commercial world problems caused by COVID I am ready to start selling more stock of the EZ1084EQ boards. These will be same as v2 and maybe a different color in order to differentiate them from past batches. I have not verified cost with supplier yet and will do that soon.

I will also have to test new transistors replacing the BC184C because those are getting rarer to obtain and some if not most are fake ones. I have Fairchild originals to check against and I can confirm that even others that did not match exactly sounded superb anyway. No one has ever complained the EZ1084EQ didn't sound superb!

So email me at [email protected] and let me know how many you want to order. I will email everyone with pricing and shipping time. Orders will only be accepted after I receive stock upoin where you will receive a notification that I am open to orders.

As usual you will get the main PCB and the little adapter PCB for the input XFR. I may or may not also include the 11 BC184C or equivalent transistors. If they are readily available they will be added to the BOM with its sources. Of course you still get the full BOM as well as BOM import list for one shot purhasing of components as well as comprehensive illustrated build guide. Should one require help or have questions with project I am always here as in the past to help out. Every EZ1084EQ project must be a success!

So for you who have requested in the past do so again even if redundant. Thanks once again for your interest in this project.

Cheers

Jim

The following is what started this project which is a NEVE 1084 PCB with detailed documentation as a Build Guide and BOM. Extreme effort was made to facilitate purchasing of parts and arrangements were made with some suppliers to provide "parts kits" that can be purchased with 1 part number. So suppliers are kept to a minimum.

I support each build and answer any questions. It is still my philosophy that each PCB must result in a 100% working unit.

==========================================================================================
After much deliberation I am going forward with this project. It replaces the full 1073 one that I started.

I believe that having an EQ section would be a more practical and affordable project to tackle. I'll offer pcb(s), detailed instructions and BOM.

I have designed and tested the EZ1290LE mike preamp add-on I will have stock along with new EQ boards. There are no cases planned (yet) for that combination. A few people requested it and so there it is.

Questions:

The 1084 EQ is a bit more evolved than the 1073 one. I personally prefer it but would add a bit more cost. For those that have had experience with both, is it worth doing the 1084 or not?

1084 needs 5 switches, 1073 3. We are looking at using Lorlin switches to keep costs down to a minimum . The next step would be Grayhill ones. they are about 3 to 4 times more than Lorlins. Anybody have problems with us using Lorlins?

Because I want to make this project as easy as possible to assemble I plan on 1 or max 2 pcb build. Therefore this forces the panel design to be based on the pcb. Any objections to that, and why?

jim
The extra treble frequencies don't do anything for me, I'm good w/12k on a 1073. Additional mid points would be a plus.
I'd be in for buying BA283 (any style) pcbs if you've got 'em.

The extra treble frequencies don't do anything for me, I'm good w/12k on a 1073. Additional mid points would be a plus.
I'd be in for buying BA283 (any style) pcbs if you've got 'em.
You are not getting what this project is maybe. I do not sell anything but the entire PCB. Go back to beginning and try and skim and read the discussions and comments. If you do not need a 1084EQ no problem, I'm not trying to convince anyone.

Thanks for your interest (or not) in this project.

Cheers

Jim

Hey Jim,

will you offer the 1290LE optional boards ?

Cheers
I need to test with new transistors first. Then once vetted and PCBs ordered I will get onto the 1290LE. But so far I have not gotten too much enthusiasm from GroupDIY members. I have a lot of request from since COVID hit and I will be sending out an email to all those to confirm. If interest is there I will order but so far only a few have responded. It may be that the project is not in the White Marker. But I can't sell something I don't have in stock yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back