EZ1084EQ v2 boards ••• NEW BATCH COMING !!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reiterating Rainton,

Just seeing how you are going with the 1290LE add on for the 1084?
Hopefully some good news like 'it's ready to go' would be nice
  ;D

Hi there...
Are EZ1084 PCB availables? I'm looking for two of them.
Please let me know.

Thank you man!

Maro

Yes of course.

Sent you a reply by regular email.

Cheers

Jim

Maro said:
Hi there...
Are EZ1084 PCB availables? I'm looking for two of them.
Please let me know.

Thank you man!

Maro

I have a few boards left. I will be re-ordering but there is usually a gap between no-stock and new stock. So if you were thinking of getting yours soon, get it now before I run out of this batch.

Cheers

Jim

okgb said:
If you adapt the Great River MP- to 51x  , I'll commit to a couple

I never thought of 500 series. I'll get right on it. I'll do both! :cool:

Cheers

Jim

All components except RV2, SW7 and the electrolytics in place  8)

Ofcourse I managed to set the pin wrong on one of the grayhills  ::) Neither vibrating nor magnetism helped, the pins seemed really stuck. Had to open it up to remove them. Then when I put it together, I had one part left when it was "all assembled"  :eek: so I carefully opened another, and put in the last little "extra" bended metal pin (not stop pin) and reassembled. Hope it did the trick, the switch feels good mechanically...

Not terribly impressed by the feel of the bourns pots, feels kinda light and "cheap", especially next to the awesome grayhills. I plan to use them, as it`s not anything more than an aesthetical point... the other bourns pot I got for the output gain feels great, so I guess it`s not a "bourns" thing but rather the chosen pot?

I`ve had so much fun putting this project together, and I`ve learned alot. Jim has been great helping me out and lodging me into the DIY world, I`m sure many wouldn`t have had the patience or time for the amount of help he has give me!
Its been so fun to see the boards grow along with the component population, now to get the rest of the parts in, and hope it all works when turned on...  :p

Edit: I just noticed this ain`t the build thread! Feel free to move the post..

Glad your moving along well. The Bourns pots are made of conductive plastic and that is why they feel light. But don't let the feel fool you they are top grade quality. However I do agree the fell or turn-torque could be a bit higher.

Cheers

Jim

the Great River Mp-2/4's  would need to be  51x  [ +/- 24v ]
but well worth it for anyone with a 51x rack !

Just letting everyone know that new boards have arrived and are waiting for someone to fill and solder them. 8)

As usual email me at [email protected] .

Cheers

Jim

I'll have news soon. I just got prototype boards but have not had time to get to the project yet.

Cheers

Jim

Bluzzi said:
I'll have news soon. I just got prototype boards but have not had time to get to the project yet.

Cheers

Jim
  Hi, checking to see the status of the  EZ1290LE (preamp board that integrates with the 1084EQ w/ no redundancy).  Is this available yet or still in the works?  If I built a 1084EQ w/ Collective Cases enclosure would the EZ1290LE be able to be added in later or should I hold-off until the 1290LE comes together?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back