• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ez1290 four channel preamp with JLM PowerPlant PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Selling my four channel ez1290 preamp with JLM power plant PSU. I pulled the output transformers as they are custom wound and I am using them for another project. The input transformers are Carnhill VTB9045 which are mounted underneath. A DC cable is needed and it MUST be shielded, otherwise you will get hum. I had been using an XLR cable before I changed out the 3 pin on the preamp for a 5 pin to work with rack mounted power supply. The build documents prescribe a 4 pin XLR to avoid accidentally plugging in an audio device to the power supply.

Aside from needing output transformers, everything works. The last channel has been modified so that the gain range is approximately 0-65. I was experimenting with how I could make future builds not need the pad when using 12 position switches. I have found that the max gain I have used on these preamps is 40dB with most applications only needing 25-35dB.

If using Carnhill VTB1148s for output transformers, there are predrilled holes that should line up with the L brackets.

$550 shipped lower 48 including PayPal.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg