Fabricar fuente de alimentación para preamplificador de audio con phamton 48v.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papacharly

Hello everyone. I am trying to build a power supply for a balanced audio preamplifier. On one hand I need +-15v and on the other 48v. For phamton feeding. He thought of using a simple 24v transformer and another with two 18v outputs. and center tap for the preamplifier circuit.
I wanted to ask you, for the whole preamplifier to work well, I think I have to connect one of the poles of the 24v transformer to ground somewhere in the circuit, since the phamton only has the positive connected according to the diagram of the preamplifier that I am building . how should i do this? Do I have to join one pole of the output of the 24v transformer with the central socket of the 2x18v. in AC. before the diode bridges? Thanks.

Last edited:
Why don't you post a drawing/schematic of what you are thinking. That will be a lot easier to help. Are you meaning power supply where you say transformer? Are you building linear supplies, using modular switching supplies, etc.?

I have attached a photo of the 48V dual phantom supply that we build. Any additional circuitry needed rides on the switch-mounted control board, but room has been left to mount a few other components on either side of the modules on these boards, should the need arise. It is a completely separate module/assembly from any power supply for the units. These dual modules are about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of a small 15 watt caged switching supply.

Attachments

• tempImagey9jFLR.png
    tempImagey9jFLR.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageU8V6Tu.png
    tempImageU8V6Tu.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 0
Hello everyone. I am trying to build a power supply for a balanced audio preamplifier. On one hand I need +-15v and on the other 48v. For phamton feeding. He thought of using a simple 24v transformer and another with two 18v outputs. and center tap for the preamplifier circuit.
I wanted to ask you, for the whole preamplifier to work well, I think I have to connect one of the poles of the 24v transformer to ground somewhere in the circuit, since the phamton only has the positive connected according to the diagram of the preamplifier that I am building . how should i do this? Do I have to join one pole of the output of the 24v transformer with the central socket of the 2x18v. in AC. before the diode bridges? Thanks.
You can use a single 15v CT transformer with a PSU circuit that employs a voltage doubler or tripler.
There is a really nice board you can buy from [silent-arts] in the white market that gives a pos and negative voltage plus 48v. The 48v is obtained with a user selectable doubler or tripler.

http://www.silentarts.de/Techtalk-Laden/PN48PSU_rev01-Doku.pdf
You will want to connect pin1 of the XLR to the enclosure chassis AND the ground of the PN48PSU board, for the phantom power ground to return. The center tap of the 15v CT transformer is also connected to ground through the connection on the PN48PSU.

Latest posts

Back