Fader connections- cable choice

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. I am not sure why anyone is recommending connecting the spare conductor to the screen and connecting it at one end only. If the length of the cable is less than one metre then core to screen capacitance is not an issue so you might as well just connect the two cores together at each end and treat it as single core cable.
Isn't it normal practice to do this when making TRS to TS cables? Is it because of potential long length of the cable?

All fader wiring in my mixer is shorter than 30cm and wired according to this picture:
Fader wiring.png

The specs of the Mogami 2944 in regards to capacitance:
Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C
(Partial C. Value)
K0: 40 pF/ft (130 pF/m)
K1: 3.7 pF/ft (12 pF/m)
Not sure what the different K's mean and which one it is. I'm using 1k faders.

Last edited:
The best way to do a fader cable is shown in this pic. If you are in a steel chassis, and have no automation scanning or clocks, the last one is perfectly fine. I promise.

Attachments

• fader cable hook up.png
    fader cable hook up.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 38
Isn't it normal practice to do this when making TRS to TS cables? Is it because of potential long length of the cable?
That is a different situation entirely.
All fader wiring in my mixer is shorter than 30cm and wired according to this picture:
View attachment 82194

The specs of the Mogami 2944 in regards to capacitance:

Not sure what the different K's mean and which one it is. I'm using 1k faders.
I am a little confused. You seem to have a volume pot and a fader.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back